[SOLVED] Has anyone solved random shutdowns once and for all?

Nov 25, 2019
Ok so I have seen hundreds of questions like this, is there a definite fix to the monitor randomly losing connection. My main belief is that it has to do with the GPU. I have a RX 580 gts xx black edition. I already sent the card back for RMA and when I got the new one there was no difference. I almost positively know it has to do with the GPU itself (or something that causes gpu to go crazy) because when I put in another card everything worked perfectly fine. I don't know where to go next because i've tied cables and uninstalling the drivers too.

SPECS: Ryzen 5 2600x
Rx 580 gts xxx
EVGA 80+ psu 600 BR
2x8 Tforce ddr4 2600 (i think but could be less) Mhz
ASrock b450 m

At this point Im just trying to find a way for my money back. I bought it n amazon a while ago so I doubt they will let me return it. Should I go to microcenter and have them test it again?-I already did once and they said it passed "all hardware tests"

Solution
Ok so I have seen hundreds of questions like this, is there a definite fix to the monitor randomly losing connection. My main belief is that it has to do with the GPU. I have a RX 580 gts xx black edition. I already sent the card back for RMA and when I got the new one there was no difference. I almost positively know it has to do with the GPU itself (or something that causes gpu to go crazy) because when I put in another card everything worked perfectly fine. I don't know where to go next because i've tied cables and uninstalling the drivers too.

Rx 580 gts xxx
EVGA 80+ psu 600 BR
ASrock b450 m

At this point Im just trying to find a way for my money back...

Rx 580 gts xxx
EVGA 80+ psu 600 BR
ASrock b450 m

At this point Im just trying to find a way for my money back. I bought it n amazon a while ago so I doubt they will let me return it. Should I go to microcenter and have them test it again?-I already did once and they said it passed "all hardware tests"

There is no single answer because there is not a single issue that causes computers to not work. Could be cables, could be power supply, could be monitor, could be RAM, could be drivers, etc....

In your case, if another card works, then that points to an issue with the card, although I have seen cases where specific cards did not work on specific motherboards. Could also be a power supply issue if the card you are trying to use has a lower power draw.

Solution
Nov 25, 2019
What other card did you put in?

Many times unexpected shutdowns are caused by a faulty PSU. Its possible your other GPU stresses the PSU less and doesnt cause the issue.

TBH the BR600 is not very good.

Is it possible that the power supply is giving too much power? (Sorry for such a stupid question)
The card that I put in was a XFX RADEON HD 6850, and it worked fine.
Also based on pc part picker i have enough wattage for my system.