Question Has anyone successfully used a PowerColor RX 6650xt with an MSI 12th-gen Intel motherboard?

Aug 28, 2022
I'm looking to buy a PowerColor Hellhound RX 6650xt, but checking it out on google turned up some unfortunate information.
Radeon 6650xt crash upon installing/repairing drivers. - Troubleshooting - Linus Tech Tips
PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 6650 XT Hellhound not working in top slot on MSI mobo. : AMDHelp (reddit.com)

The people posting here all say they are having issues with using the PowerColor GPU with the MSI B660M-A. These posts were from 3 months ago, and I haven't been able to find anything more recent. Has anyone here been able to get these 2 components to work together?

Lutfij

Titan
Could very well be a motherboard BIOS issue. It could also be that the people all experiencing the issue have a PSU wattage that doesn't meet the entire build's needs. In fact if you read the LTT thread, one user mentioned the same issue happening on a Gigabyte board. One of them users also stated that the PCIe slot was the issue, whereby reseating it properly solved the issue.

Aug 28, 2022
Could very well be a motherboard BIOS issue. It could also be that the people all experiencing the issue have a PSU wattage that doesn't meet the entire build's needs. In fact if you read the LTT thread, one user mentioned the same issue happening on a Gigabyte board. One of them users also stated that the PCIe slot was the issue, whereby reseating it properly solved the issue.

Once person said they tried the second PCIe slot, which is PCIe 3.0x4 and not PCIe 4.0x16. Also, there's this:
I just bought a GIGABYTE Z690 UD DDR4 and everything worked right out of the box. I tried an old GPU on the MSI and it worked, I tried the new GPU on an old motherboard and it worked. I tried 2 different PowerColor RX 6650 XT on 2 different MSI PRO B660M WIFI DDR4 motherboards and had the exact same issue. MSI tech support was not able to give an answer. They wanted me to try a different BIOS which I had already done and they wanted me to reset the CMOS which I had also already done. I sent them the message from PowerColor and this was their reply "Thank you for this information. I will forward this to our Production team and see if they know anything about this and a possible solution." That was the last I heard from them 3 days ago. What MSI motherboard do you have?

That's why I'm checking if anyone here can report having this combination work now, since this was 3 months ago and maybe there was an update to fix the issue since then.