Question Has Anyone Tested the Ryzen 5 7600 With Dual CCDs?? (Which Should Be Slower)

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone knows of any review outlets that have tested the Ryzen 5 7600 featuring two CCDs, with 5 cores disabled on each CCD??

Technically, this should result in a latency penalty for modern AAA video games, since games will have to offload work to both CCDs - because there aren't enough cores per CCD to effectively run the game.

Effectively, this version of the Ryzen 5 7600 works like the Ryzen 5 3600, where that chip had three cores enabled per CCX instead.

Thankfully Zen 4 has a much faster infinity fabric, so the latency penalty of utilizing both CCDs shouldn't be too bad on the 7600, but i still wonder what the differences are between the single CCD Ryzen 5 7600, 7600X, and the dual CCD version of the 7600.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Good question. Ironically I just saw some Tweets showing the new AMD Chipset Drivers with the 3D-VCache drivers are now making the 7950X behave like its X3D model - forcing games to run on a single CCD.

So that issue might be fixed already LOL.
I have a feeling that AMD's chiplet topology will run out of steam for low latency multicore applications unless they start designing CCX's with more than 8 cores. Or game developers can just stick with 8-cores maximum for the next decade.

Reactions: TechyInAZ
Poking around, I found out that you can't really simulate a 7800X3D from a 7950X3D simply by disabling a CCX. The 7800X3D has a max boost speed of 5.0GHz, while the 7950X3D has a max boost speed of 5.7GHz. You can't set a maximum turbo boost ceiling either AFAIK.

While I'm sure you could overclock the 7800X3D, it's not a fair comparison unless you use their default settings.