Question Has anyone tried overclocking the AMOLED Display Panel On the GalaxyBook 2 Pro?

Oct 19, 2022
Recently bought this laptop NP950XED-KA1US and I'm finding it a bit un easy on my eyes because my daily driver phone is 120Hz, and it's really a pain to keep moving back and forth with each other.

So, I have Personal Experience with the 'Custom Resolution Utility' (CRU).
I used to overclock the display of my previous laptop, which was a potato Acer Aspire 3-57G. To my surprise, the stupid laptop handled 90Hz just fine up from the stock 60Hz. But before I try it on my Brand New GalaxyBook which I spent my hard earned money on, I just want to know if it's a good idea ( probably not ) or if anyone has tried it.

Almost all OLED Panels in Laptops today Like the Asus Zenbook Pro / Vivobook Pro (Those are 90Hz Out of the box) are made by samsung, with a handful of them utilizing fundamentally the same panel. So might it be that the Galaxy Book is using the same / close but underclocked panel? Samsung Might have done it to avoid battery drain but there is no way of knowing for sure.

So please, if anyone has knowledge about this, or anyone who has experience with this finds this thread, please HMU.
Thanks.

PS: I know that there is a huge risk of burning, blowing, damaging my panel for good, also that there could be stability/Power issues. I do as well know that this might be the stupidest thing you see today but please help me out.

D

Deleted member 14196

So what is your plan if you do this thing and you burn out your beautiful display? Nobody here is going to be able to tell you that it’s going to be OK. This is something you’re gonna have to do on your own. The answer for me is simple. Don’t do it if it could risk damaging expensive equipment maybe you have a problem with your eyes and you could use a good pair of computer glasses.

trust me when I tell you, I have some really messed up eyes. I won’t even get into it right here. For me there is no laptop that looks bad, even at 60 Hz so it’s probably just a matter of your vision.