Question Has enabling hardware virtualization bricked my computer?

Oct 22, 2018
After downloading bluestacks it recommended to enable hardware virtualization in the bios. So I did and the computer would not load OS.

Tried disabling hardware virtualization and same thing will not load into OS.

Q code is Ad on the asus mobo led, which is apparently when the bios handing over the OS (Windows 10).

Tried removing all peripherals, didn’t work.

Tried cmos reset, nope.

Can’t load into recovery, all I get is asus boot order.

Have I really bricked my OS from enabling one setting?

Hardware specs? By what you've mentioned I expect an AMD CPU; as I understand it Intel has virtualisation on as default for Bluestacks.

The motherboard shouldn't be bricked if just changing a setting, so perhaps there's something else at play. One thread I came across with the error code you mention suggested reseating the graphics card.

Oct 22, 2018
Hardware specs? By what you've mentioned I expect an AMD CPU; as I understand it Intel has virtualisation on as default for Bluestacks.

The motherboard shouldn't be bricked if just changing a setting, so perhaps there's something else at play. One thread I came across with the error code you mention suggested reseating the graphics card.

Windows 10
Asus Maximus Hero VIII
BALLISTIX 16gb DDR4
960 evo
1080ti

If I change the boot to my old raid partition I can load into my old OS and explore the evo drive.

Is it possible to do a recovery on the evo drive from my old OS?

I think enabling hardware optimization has corrupted some system files or something..

Oct 22, 2018
stick with 1 thread
After enabling hardware virtualization in bios, I was unable to load my OS, I disabled it again in the bios (asus Maximus hero viii) and it still won’t load, qcode shows ad.

Does enabling this change boot settings? I think it has corrupted something. Is it possible to repair boot with windows USB?

Cpu is 7700k Os Windows 10