[SOLVED] Has Front Panel USB?

chenjohn274

Reputable
Feb 20, 2020
Hi, Does anyone know tower cases for ATX motherboard that can fit a Front Panel USB? I plan to buy a Front Panel because I need extra USB ports in front of the PC.

Solution
Perfect, narrowed it down to about 4. Here's what I think will be your best option:

Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case

That link will take you to a list of retailers that sell it (you may need to change your location on the upper right) as well as plenty of reviews, most of them 4-5 star reviews.

Here is the case's spec sheet. Steel frame, 3 x 5.25" bays. Corsair is a very reliable brand. More in-depth specs can be found under the Downloads tab and downloading the Carbide Series 200R Installation Guide (this is a digital version of the manual that will come with the case).

Keep in mind: this case does come with two USB 3.0 slots on the front. If your motherboard only has one USB 3 header, make sure...
I've narrowed down these cases through PCPartPicker, sorted from lowest to highest price. Since I don't know the rest of your specs, most of the lefthand filtering options were left unchanged. I did set parameters for 5 star ratings, Full and Mid towers, ATX mobo compatable, and one minimum External 5.25" Bay. That 5.25" bay is where your Front Panel USB will be installed, and is also where most CD/DVD roms will sit if you intend to get one. I'd recommend filling out the rest of your preferences before choosing a case.

chenjohn274

Reputable
Feb 20, 2020
I've narrowed down these cases through PCPartPicker, sorted from lowest to highest price. Since I don't know the rest of your specs, most of the lefthand filtering options were left unchanged. I did set parameters for 5 star ratings, Full and Mid towers, ATX mobo compatable, and one minimum External 5.25" Bay. That 5.25" bay is where your Front Panel USB will be installed, and is also where most CD/DVD roms will sit if you intend to get one. I'd recommend filling out the rest of your preferences before choosing a case.
Hi, Thankyou so much for your help. There is so much to choose from. Do you recommend any tower cases that are from good brands?

Depends on a lot of factors, it's hard to narrow down.

What's the most amount of money you want to spend on a case?
Do you want a transparent side panel, or solid?
If transparent, do you want a PSU shroud?
Do you think you'll use more than one 5.25" bay?
How many SSD's do you currently use / plan to use?
How many HDD's do you currently use / plan to use?
How long is the graphics card you intend to use?

chenjohn274

Reputable
Feb 20, 2020
Depends on a lot of factors, it's hard to narrow down.

What's the most amount of money you want to spend on a case?
Do you want a transparent side panel, or solid?
If transparent, do you want a PSU shroud?
Do you think you'll use more than one 5.25" bay?
How many SSD's do you currently use / plan to use?
How many HDD's do you currently use / plan to use?
How long is the graphics card you intend to use?
That is a lot of factors. Under $100, solid side panel, Two 5.25" Bays or One is good, 2 hard drive slots is enough, no graphics card. I just want a good case with durable material. Because the previous one was of poor quality. It dented easily, scratched easily. Of course, a good brand uses good material.

Perfect, narrowed it down to about 4. Here's what I think will be your best option:

That link will take you to a list of retailers that sell it (you may need to change your location on the upper right) as well as plenty of reviews, most of them 4-5 star reviews.

Here is the case's spec sheet. Steel frame, 3 x 5.25" bays. Corsair is a very reliable brand. More in-depth specs can be found under the Downloads tab and downloading the Carbide Series 200R Installation Guide (this is a digital version of the manual that will come with the case).

Keep in mind: this case does come with two USB 3.0 slots on the front. If your motherboard only has one USB 3 header, make sure to plug in your Kingwin Front Panel USB there and not the case's cable.

Solution

chenjohn274

Reputable
Feb 20, 2020

Keep in mind: this case does come with two USB 3.0 slots on the front. If your motherboard only has one USB 3 header, make sure to plug in your Kingwin Front Panel USB there and not the case's cable.
Hey man, Thankyou for your time and assistance. I didnt know where to start.

Reactions: DrummerManSpike

TRENDING THREADS