[SOLVED] Has my Card Finally Kicked the Bucket?

Apr 2, 2019
Problems:

GeForce experience keeps telling me to download the latest driver even though I just downloaded it and restarted, and Windows tells me to restart to set up the “new device”

Artifacts occur when it restarts after downloading driver (usually no artifacts after shutting down then turning back on) and the aspect ratio has changed.

I don’t know what is causing this issue. I hope it is a software problem or it’s the gpu because I want to replace it anyways, but I need to be certain.

Specs:

GPU: MSI Nvidia gtx760
CPU: i5-4670K, water cooled with coolermaster seidon
PSU: corsair cx750
Storage
1TB WD caviar blue and 128Gb adata sp900

I have had this computer working and gaming for 6 years now (bought from cyberpower for when BF4 came out because I was too unfamiliar with building PC’s). This computer has crashed during playing apex quite a few times, with some of the crashes having no error code, just artifacts.
K7qyWto.jpg

Everything was running fine for some time until the game froze on the start screen, shut down, and now when I restart the computer has artifacts everywhere. The computer doesn't recognize a gpu and when I try to install the driver it goes through installation, restarts, and acts like I can install it again. I have even tried installing an earlier driver and that didn’t work either. I can't tell if the computer is using onboard graphics or if it is using the gpu.

Edit: and the windows loading screen after shut down loads smooth and fast, while the load screen after restarting takes longer, freezes, and then goes to the artifact-ridden sign-in screen

Thanks for any help

Apr 2, 2019
I looked under add/remove programs, and the correct driver shows up there. I don't know if that means the driver is installed or not. I doubt that it installed because I still get windows pop-ups saying that I should restart to set up the card.

Apr 2, 2019
I didn't think to do that, Finstar, thanks! I just took out my gpu, plugged my monitor into the motherboard, and everything looks fine. That's a relief, now I can figure out my new GPU.
I think I'll get an MSI - GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB VENTUS XS OC, or maybe something that's a bit cheaper. I only need decent performance at 1080p on a single monitor.
The power supply should be fine, it's a corsair CX750 80 plus bronze, so it should be pretty sturdy and handle GPU's with more power demand.
Thank you!