CPU cooler: Corsair iCue H100i Elite Capellix RGB 240mm AIO CPU Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS TUF B450-PLUS GAMING
Ram: 16gb Corsair vengeance pro 3200mhz
SSD/HDD: 1TB seagate
GPU: RTX 3070 Asus Dual
PSU: 800w
Chassis:
Monitor: HP 1440p, Benq 4K

i have a ASUS TUF B450-PLUS GAMING motherboard and my PC just all of a sudden shut down, when i try to turn it back on i get no display but fans and GPU RGB but my RAM RGB is not working and my keyboard and mouse are not lighting up either. I have tried resetting, taking ram out and trying individual sticks etc and not getting anything.
obviously the fans and GPU are run by power from the PSU so that is why they seem to be working but anything powered by the motherboard is not working. I just want to confirm this before i order a new Mobo.
Its about 5 years old and has been updated to be compatible with newer AMD CPU’s.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

As for your motherboard,
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...date_EM_V4_WEB.pdf?model=TUF B450-PLUS GAMING
^ turn to page 7 section 1.4, CrashFree BIOS 3 and you should be able to revive the board with the latest BIOS flashed onto the board.

ezyduzit

Honorable
Mar 14, 2018
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

As for your motherboard,
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/PRIME_A320M-A/E13571_BIOS_Update_EM_V4_WEB.pdf?model=TUF B450-PLUS GAMING
^ turn to page 7 section 1.4, CrashFree BIOS 3 and you should be able to revive the board with the latest BIOS flashed onto the board.
My bad, i have edited the original post with all of my specs.

Regarding your reply, i can’t see a flash update helping if i am not getting any sort of screen. It seems the motherboard is dead.

Lutfij

Titan
What I've asked you to read in the guide/manual linked above, is to see if you can recover your BIOS on the motherboard, a corrupt BIOS will also exhibit what you're seeing...outside of a dead component on the build.

PSU: 800w
800W is the advertised wattage of the PSU, what is the make and model of the unit and it's age?