Question Has my new PSU fried my pc

Mar 19, 2019
upgraded my psu you 650w from 450w. I installed it and it was all running smoothly, until I restarted my psu to finish installing a graphics driver.

when It turned on there was a flickering white screen and nothing else. since then i haven't even been able to get any sign of power to the PC when turning it on.

when plugging the cable into the psu theres an electric crackle as well, not sure if that is helpful or not.

any help appreciated!

upgraded my psu you 650w from 450w. I installed it and it was all running smoothly, until I restarted my psu to finish installing a graphics driver.

when It turned on there was a flickering white screen and nothing else. since then i haven't even been able to get any sign of power to the PC when turning it on.

when plugging the cable into the psu theres an electric crackle as well, not sure if that is helpful or not.

any help appreciated!

The crackle you get when plugging into the PSU is normal. What you are describing sounds like an issue with the graphics card.

Do you have a spare graphics card you could swap out (or does your machine have an integrated gpu)?

If you could post your full system specs that would help!

Mar 19, 2019
The crackle you get when plugging into the PSU is normal. What you are describing sounds like an issue with the graphics card.

Do you have a spare graphics card you could swap out (or does your machine have an integrated gpu)?

thanks for helping!

CPU: Intel i5-7600k
GPU: GTX 1060
PSU: corsair VS650
Mobo: MSI b250 PC mate

I have had problems getting it started beforehand, but I thought this was due to such a low wattage PSU, and after I initially Installed it, it was working perfectly until the restart.

even with the GPU unplugged it will not start.

Mar 19, 2019

Apologies, it is now running with the GPU after a couple of tweaks. now I am getting a system service exception.

trying to restore from here with little luck

Reactions: cdrkf