Question Has the CPU or Mobo died?

godofsmoke1992

Reputable
Dec 17, 2018
Build info: x570 tomahawk, 5900x, 4x8 3200mhz ram, 850w txm psu, 3080ti.

So I've had quite a bit of struggle with this build - overall getting a crash almost every other day with either CPU debug led or RAM debug led.
Slightly adjusting curve felt like fixed crashes with CPU led, but I still kept getting DRAM led crashes - pretty much every other time after quitting a game or 100% of time when I played BF 2042 beta - doesn't matter how I turned the game off, it would crash even when simply shutting down PC. Adjusting RAM voltages/timings didn't seem like fixing it.

Anyway, this evening after a long day, decided to play some games, but PC crashed in a minute or so. This time CPU led was up which was unusual since I haven't had it in a while. Tried to restart PC by holding power off button, but after restart EZ debug leds would keep looping between all leds. Reset the PSU switch, leds went through the sequence (although it feels like a bit faster than usual) and then there is nothing - no display and peripherals not lighting up either while ram, gpu, fans are spinning and lights are up. Resetting CMOS or trying different ram configs didn't do anything.

Just tried bios flashback, didn't seem to help even though it seems like flashback was successful

4x8 3200mhz ram
So I've had quite a bit of struggle with this build - overall getting a crash almost every other day with either CPU debug led or RAM debug led.
What make/model ram?
Is it a single kit with 4 ram modules or 2 kits with 2 modules?
If you're using 2 kits together, this can cause ram compatibility issues.

Try with 2 ram modules instead (from single kit).
Set DDR voltage to 1.35V. Try lowering ram frequency to 3000mhz, 2933mhz.

Show screenshot from CPU-Z - memory and spd sections.
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

godofsmoke1992

Reputable
Dec 17, 2018
What make/model ram?
Is it a single kit with 4 ram modules or 2 kits with 2 modules?
If you're using 2 kits together, this can cause ram compatibility issues.

Try with 2 ram modules instead (from single kit).
Set DDR voltage to 1.35V. Try lowering ram frequency to 3000mhz, 2933mhz.

Show screenshot from CPU-Z - memory and spd sections.
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

I tried single ram and different settings. Either way, I can't even get into bios, peripherals stay dead and there is no display.

godofsmoke1992

Reputable
Dec 17, 2018
RAM is Team Group Delta RGB DDR4 3200 PC4-25600
And like I said I tried different configs of ram and in every slot with single ram and different dimms. It seems very unlikely ram would die like that.

And since I can't boot into BIOS I can't change ram settings or get cpu-z screenshot.