Haswell: News, Rumors & Reviews

Page 70 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ezhadoank

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2011

so, will ivy bridge available for 1155 then?

Yeah, rumor says that. Unlocked multiplier and 95W

mayankleoboy1

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
Cinebench_Single.png

single threaded performance attributed to more efficient turbo

Cinebench_Multi.png

2700k at 3.5ghz scores just above 7 in this test. so the 3770k is faster thzn that

^^ I am predicting a slight performance boost, but nothing worth upgrading over. 10% at best.

Haswell is the arch im interested most in; if my C2Q system hadn't died when it did, I was planning to wait another year for Haswell rather then go the SB route...

Hopefully, the cores race is over as well...an many coure system should be developed, then SoC. After SoC...who the heck knows what will happen to technology. It should be interesting to see in the next 20 years. Heck, the next 5-10 years! with the growth of nanotechnology. SAT( single-atome transistors), should be employed!

Oooh-oooh!! - I'll play the part of the community reporter:

IT'S ALIVE!!! IT'S A MONSTER!!! I have looked at the design for 2 minutes now and can assure you 227.3% that due to the schmubble flappoid snorkelbutt, IB will not only gain 30,117.23% IPC improvement but also cook breakfast, brew beer and clean toilets! And, that is a very conservative expert estimate - I'm positoobly sure the actual release will double that!! Awwwwwwwwwww-SUM!!

OK, I'm done now :p.

AbdullahG

Distinguished

:lol:
I am sure community reporters are much more effective in delivering info.
You're just a really bad one :D :pt1cable:

That's about what I figured as well, seeing as how it is mainly a die shrink for the CPU - it's the GPU that gets most of the upgrade. However the lower TDP and higher OC potential is attractive.

I'm definitely going IB next March or April as my Q6600 system will be relegated to playing legacy games.

I even still have my previous DT - a P4 Northwood system - sitting around awaiting repair whenever I get around to it. Hasn't worked since we moved 4 years ago - suspect the moving bozos dropped it and maybe cracked the mobo, but will have to completely disassemble and then try one component at a time to find out where the problem is.

Heh, true that! :D

Actually Jimmysmitty does a really good job IMO - he's the Clark Kent of CPU reporters :D.

IIRC there was an article last month stating IB was already in production - if true then I guess Intel is just slowing down their ramp to squeeze more $$ from their 32nm SB lineup. Last reliable newsite report I read was March or maybe April release, not May.

AbdullahG

Distinguished

About 2 to 3 months pushed?
:(
I was hoping for an April release...
My birthday is in April and the Ivy Bridge release would make it all special and stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.