Haswell Processor Spotted with GT3e IGP and eDRAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
Hmm, laptops that fit that TDP typically have enough space for a discreet GPU anyways, seems like this is missing the market that would benefit from it most. Namely, 13 inch laptops typically with 35W processors.

InvalidError

Titan

Space is relative. Not having a discrete GPU still saves PCB space, parts count, power and the need to accommodate another thermal load.

As long as GT3e is priced right and performs reasonably well when compared against whatever discrete solution that could fit within GT3e's power and price premium, it is a win-win for people who want a reasonably capable laptop/AiO but are not particularly interested in discrete graphics... and I suspect this category has a much larger potential customer base than enthusiast-oriented setups.

MANOFKRYPTONAK

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
I just bought an asus with an i7 and 650m for 800. I wonder if this will be cheaper and smaller form fitting. This with APUs could really push the mobile market. I am already impressed by the 680m and 7970m. They equal 570s , I had a 570 it was a solid performer!

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
cool, increased graphics power for the on chip graphics is always a good thing, nice to see that amd's grpahics on chip superiority is causing intel do do some real improvments in the area.. it isn't going to replace stand alone graphics modules in laptops or cards in desktops but it'd be nice to buy a cheap laptop with a decent gpu in chip and be able to do low res or low setting gaming if it makes its ways into low $ laptops

InvalidError

Titan
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS