Haswell system update to Windows 10- new drivers- before or after?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astralv

Distinguished
Hey, guys
I am looking forward to the Windows 10 upgrade from Win 8.1 Pro. My Haswell system has Asus Z-87 Deluxe motherboard and Intel 4770K processor. The manufacturer already posted some drivers for Windows 10. To be ready for upgrade to Win 10, do I need to download the Win 10 drivers and install them after the upgrade or should I install them now? When I was upgrading Win 8.0 to Win 8.1, I lost all USB support and had to reinstall everything- Asus said it was related to their Fan Expert software, some USB 3 acceleration. I have it disabled now, but I still would not want to take my chances. So do I install new drivers now or later? They have Chipset drivers, SATA and Wireless are in Beta, BIOS is still the same… Thank you. http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/Z87DELUXE/HelpDesk_Download/

Astralv

Distinguished
Yeah, that's the USB ports that stopped working last time when updated from 8 to 8.1. I do have another internal drive... I just thought- I would need to install all drivers before Win 10 upgrade as we not doing clean install, right? It still going to use already installed drivers, it is not like it going to format my drive and make "Old Windows" folder out of Win 8. Thank you.

zaphrodbblbrx

Reputable
Jul 7, 2015
Yes they are suggesting that you get all your drivers together on your secondary hard drive, dvd drive, or both for good measure. If you install drivers now they wont be applied to windows 10 (previous posters were trying to explain this) if you install win 10 drivers now win 10 wont see them. Its like updating a program thats no there it just won't work or cause you headaches. Just get all of your drivers together in a folder. Do the windows 10 leap. Once win 10 is on your machine go ham and run your driver updates. Recommend ddu cleaner run in safe mode to do a clean vid card driver install... hope this helps follow these instructions and you cant go wrong

Astralv

Distinguished

What is ddu cleaner? Will I need to reinstall graphics card driver? So far no new driver on Asus web site. Or did you mean Catalyst? I have issue with my graphics card- it gives me BSOD with a sad face, "Videp_TDR_Failure for 2 years- since the time I built this computer. It also likes not to come on after sleep...

Status
Not open for further replies.