Haswell VS Ivy Bridge?

wedeals2

Honorable
Jan 19, 2013
I'm planning to get a whole new rig, overclock the CPU just a little bit.
I was told that Ivy Bridge takes less power consumption and it's better for now? (I won't be upgrading for a while)
In performance, power consumption wise, what's better?
I'm thinking about gettin either

Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo)
or 4th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-4670K 3.4GHz LGA 1150 Processor.

Solution
the integrated graphics is better on haswell. but that makes no difference if your using a graphics card.

ivybridge @ 3.7Ghz is about the same performance as haswell @ 3.4Ghz in most things.
ivybidge will overclock to average speeds of 4.6Ghz where most haswell i5-4670K's will get 4.4Ghz on average.

Both ivybridge and haswell run hot, so a good after market cooler is recommended.

the haswell motherboards (Z87 chipset) has some better features than the older iverbridge motherboards (Z77 chipset).
alot off the new Z87 gaming boards have Ijntel's new eithernet chip for better lan connectivity, more USB 3.0 ports and all Sata 3 (6Gbs) ports.

so i would look at the motherboards features and pick the one you want. then go from there.

GeekThief-1354135

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
the integrated graphics is better on haswell. but that makes no difference if your using a graphics card.

ivybridge @ 3.7Ghz is about the same performance as haswell @ 3.4Ghz in most things.
ivybidge will overclock to average speeds of 4.6Ghz where most haswell i5-4670K's will get 4.4Ghz on average.

Both ivybridge and haswell run hot, so a good after market cooler is recommended.

the haswell motherboards (Z87 chipset) has some better features than the older iverbridge motherboards (Z77 chipset).
alot off the new Z87 gaming boards have Ijntel's new eithernet chip for better lan connectivity, more USB 3.0 ports and all Sata 3 (6Gbs) ports.

so i would look at the motherboards features and pick the one you want. then go from there.

Solution