Question Have 16gb installed, but Windows only sees 8gb of RAM

ozthepyroking

Prominent
Dec 31, 2017
I just upgraded my gaming pc with a new 16gb set of ram; however, Windows 10 home only sees 8gb. I went into the bios and both 8gb dimms show up. My specs are listed below.
  • AMD Ryzen 5 2600
  • Corsair Vengeance 16gb (2x8gb) DDR4 ram kit
  • GTX 1050 SC
  • MSI B450 gaming plus motherboard.
Any help would be great!

Oct 27, 2019
I created an account on this forum specifically to start a thread exactly like yours. I am facing the same problem, but my config is as follows:

CPU Ryzen 7 2700
Mobo MSI B350 Gaming PRO
RAM HyperX PREDATOR 3000MHz
GPU Sapphire Nitro+ RX 590

I will be watching this thread to see if anyone comes up with a solution!

ozthepyroking

Prominent
Dec 31, 2017
I created an account on this forum specifically to start a thread exactly like yours. I am facing the same problem, but my config is as follows:

CPU Ryzen 7 2700
Mobo MSI B350 Gaming PRO
RAM HyperX PREDATOR 3000MHz
GPU Sapphire Nitro+ RX 590

I will be watching this thread to see if anyone comes up with a solution!
Hopefully we can get this sorted out :)

Have you run windows memory diagnosis tool , just because its new does not mean its not faulty.
Windows will report a fault but it wont tell you which stick , if it says faulty you will have to run test again using only one stick at a time.

C855D

Honorable
Aug 1, 2014
Yeah I’ve never tried using anything other than staggered RAM because that is what the manufacturer recommends, so I don’t know what bad can come of it, but make sure you are using DIMM slot B2* and A2*

Oct 24, 2019
I suggest you get a hammer and smash the motherboard, it will work perfectly,
Anyways make sure you have them in correct DIMM slots to use dual-channel, and try running one stick at a time and if it doesn't boot with one of the sticks, then It may be faulty, if none of the ram works with the mobo, try another kit, if that doesn't work, try looking into the mobo