[SOLVED] Have 2gb pentium laptop xp, would like to convert to android; emulator?

alphacoyle

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
It's still a good laptop, 17" screen; but limited to xp and old chrome. What emulator would allow it to stream videos, netflix etc, play basic kid games? I'm planning on setting up a wired system in my child's room and this seems like the most economical solution.

alphacoyle

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
It looks like Linux os' have made a lot of progress in the past several years. The laptop has a 3.6ghz pentium 4 with 2 gb ram, 64 gb video; so whichever version of Linux would have the most compatibility with programs. I've read that Netflix is supported thru Chrome in Linux now. I cannot stream much except youtube using xp anymore.

alphacoyle

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
Ended up installing UpupBB and while youtube etc runs it puts a lot of stress on the laptop; same for streaming, had to run full firefox and it will work if just listening with screen off otherwise after little while it shuts down. UpupBB works fine for general browsing, computer use; but I'm converting that laptop to run audio programs DAW under win xp and a small separate partition boot for UpupBB just so there's internet access on it if needed. Laptop works ok for DAW usage young child just starting out. Thanks.