[SOLVED] HAVE A 1660X GTX HAVING CRASHING ISUES AND PERFORMANCE

TMBlair

Honorable
Feb 9, 2015
i have 8 ram of 2440 ddr4 x 2 corsair
2600x ryzen
and gtx 1660x 6gb

but im having crashes in gta v and hunt showdown. im not sure if im even using much of the gpu's power?

could someone point me in the right direction to find out if im using my pc properly. probably over heating?

thanks.

Solution
Yes, first monitor the GPU and CPU TEMP while gaming. Do you also get any error message, when the game crashes ? List the make and model number of your Power supply unit.

Have you connected the Monitor's cable to the GPU ? Does the Device Manager list the GPU's name ? Anyways, also try doing a clean re-install of the GPU drivers, as well as your OS, if need.
Yes, first monitor the GPU and CPU TEMP while gaming. Do you also get any error message, when the game crashes ? List the make and model number of your Power supply unit.

Have you connected the Monitor's cable to the GPU ? Does the Device Manager list the GPU's name ? Anyways, also try doing a clean re-install of the GPU drivers, as well as your OS, if need.

Solution

TMBlair

Honorable
Feb 9, 2015
hi, thanks for getting back to me. its a 550 watt corsair-pretty sure i was check safe before buying it,i looked at the memory usage in task manager and im not sure my gpu is doing much its all ram at 80% usage. it might be that i dont have enough fans in my case.