[SOLVED] Have a HDD with bad sectors, trying to clone it. Please help, long day.

PaulieBot

Commendable
Feb 25, 2019
Hello, my brother has a non C drive (in this case his E) and in this case he has like 1.5 TB worth of stuff on there. Everything is readable and accessible but if I try to use something like check disk to fix the errors, it gets stuck or hangs and the ETA just rises forever. The main issue is that when you boot up the computer it tries to fix them by scanning and "fixing stage 1 across those lines"

This is a situation where he mainly has his Game launchers and games on there and some other program files. I wanted to clone it so he can just access everything the same way. My concern is if I transfer everything from drive to drive manually (I can't even do it all at once without it crashing, I guess Windows only allows you to do ), if he goes to open a program and it's not there and he gets confused.
If I transfer all the files (I can't even do it all at once without it crashing, I guess Windows only allows you to do
Is there a way I can clone this thing properly? I tried with AOMEI but it doesn't work. Got a this drive has bad sectors error or something. Is there anything I can use to clone this thing cleanly and make it easy for him.

I would appreciate any help on this, we have had a long week.

Straight cloning seldom works with bad sectors. Time to back up is BEFORE something happens.
What you can try is to make full system backup using Macrium Reflect (free) https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree?download=n&email=writee@civoo.com&edition=5&type=h
and make a backup with option to ignore bad sectors. For that you need another disk of appropriate size. Than you can Restore image to new disk. That worked for me few times.

Solution