have a LJ4 Plus with the JetDirect J2550B card installled. I have the IP address set for 192.168.1.149 My laptop IP address is

mr2garage

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
have a LJ4 Plus with the JetDirect J2550B card installled. I have the IP address set for 192.168.1.149 My laptop IP address is 192.168.1.5 With this configuration I got the LJ4 Plus to print a "Printer Test Page". Things looked good at this point. When I cycled the power on the printer it went 'Off Line' and I could not get it back on line. I checked the front panel Menu and the CFG network =NO was displayed. I set it to YES and hit the ENTER to give the indication it was saved. I also set the CFG TCP/IP to YES and saved. When I pressed the ONLINE key to take the printer on line it still showed as being Off line. Indeed going back to the Menu the CFG network again display NO. Also the CFG TCP/IP was NO. Any suggestions as to why the configuration does not say with the printer. The same thing happens without the internet cable plugged in. Always setting the CFG network to YES resets to NO when leaving the Menu.

mr2garage

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
I can also ping the IP address and get the proper response from the printer. I just can't print to the printer. My operating system is windows 7 with the latest driver for the LJ4 Plus