Have a noisy drive? Easy mod!

G

I have a Pioneer dvd-105 which is notoriously loud! Yet, it is now as noisy as a bee... The secret? DynaMat! I found that looking around on the web for noise suppression material and fell on www.dynamat.com. It's easily available (I got my sheets at Good Guys) and installs pretty quickly. Get the DynaMat-Extreme and you're in business. No joke, I was astonished at this thing's efficiency! 20 minutes is all it took and now I am micro-orgasming listening to the silence!

Aaaahh... Feels good to share a good mod! :)

Hehe, I just previewed my post and let me add something: "No, I do not work for DynaMat!" :)

G

Don't worry, it's far less graphical/gooey than a real one...

rbertino

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2001
Dynamat is great stuff. They usually will carry that in car stereo places because people use it to sound deaden their cars to eliminate road noise and such and make their stereo system sound nicer.

I never thought of using it for a computer...

<i>I don't know anything about computers... but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night...</i> :lol:

G

Well, normally you would use this material on the sheet metal around the speakers in your car doors as a "vibration inhibitor", and that's why it works great on such things as CD drives. Therefore, unless your case panels are vibrating too you might want to use some other form of sound proofing material.

TRENDING THREADS