[SOLVED] Have any of you experienced builders built a pc and thought you could of done something better?

Aug 11, 2020
Hey everyone :) so I did my first build maybe 5 weeks or so ago now? And I love it going from a craptop gaming for 10 years to this was such a huge improvement.

There has been something on my mind though and that's cable management, even though it's my first build I still feel like I should of done better, but now I'm scared that if I start unplugging stuff to try sort it something will go wrong what do you guys think? Is it perfectly fine for me to unplug my gpu, mobo and CPU power cables to reorganise everything?

I did a completed build section on pcpp so if you browse through the pictures you can see the cable management. Here is the build.

I feel like it might even be harder to cable manage due to my extensions.

Updated inside cabling.

EridanusSV

Upstanding
Aug 16, 2020
Yes.
  1. I could've been less worried and sweat all over the place.
  2. Have a game plan. Know your first steps
  3. Don't be scared with handling expensive stuff.
  4. Unsure: do extensive research.
  5. Be patient and do product release research. I was going to build a 3950X coming from a 4790K. Glad I did my research and found out that Zen 3 are coming out. Now I have everything except for the CPU.

EridanusSV

Upstanding
Aug 16, 2020
Yes.
  1. I could've been less worried and sweat all over the place.
  2. Have a game plan. Know your first steps
  3. Don't be scared with handling expensive stuff.
  4. Unsure: do extensive research.
  5. Be patient and do product release research. I was going to build a 3950X coming from a 4790K. Glad I did my research and found out that Zen 3 are coming out. Now I have everything except for the CPU.

Ferimer

Distinguished
Hey everyone :) so I did my first build maybe 5 weeks or so ago now? And I love it going from a craptop gaming for 10 years to this was such a huge improvement.

There has been something on my mind though and that's cable management, even though it's my first build I still feel like I should of done better, but now I'm scared that if I start unplugging stuff to try sort it something will go wrong what do you guys think? Is it perfectly fine for me to unplug my gpu, mobo and CPU power cables to reorganise everything?

I did a completed build section on pcpp so if you browse through the pictures you can see the cable management. Here is the build.

I feel like it might even be harder to cable manage due to my extensions.

Updated inside cabling.
The cables at the back never get seen, no need to worry about reorganizing them. As long as the cables inside the build arent blocking much of the fans you are fine.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS