Question Have anyone customized their CM Q300L?

Naipross

Reputable
Feb 9, 2017
So I've got a Q300P which I more or less have tranformed into a Q300L removed the upper and front acrylic "panels" for better airflow. But according to the internet the airflow on the Q300L is also not the best when the front is so much metal with only holes all over.
So my question is have anyone just drilled a massive hole where the fan usually is so the fan just got a big hole and no restrictions when pulling air in.
Something like this:

HCC5Ui5.png

Choplol

Commendable
Aug 31, 2019
So I've got a Q300P which I more or less have tranformed into a Q300L removed the upper and front acrylic "panels" for better airflow. But according to the internet the airflow on the Q300L is also not the best when the front is so much metal with only holes all over.
So my question is have anyone just drilled a massive hole where the fan usually is so the fan just got a big hole and no restrictions when pulling air in.
Something like this:

HCC5Ui5.png
i have that case too and yes, the airflow is really bad here.

have you tried it yet? would love to see if the thermals get better with those holes.

trio1989

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
I know this is an old thread but yes I customized the q300l buy increasing each hole size on the top front and bottom (make sure you dont do the holes where your fan screws go!) from 5mm to 8-9mm worked a treat temps dropped significantly :)

Choplol

Commendable
Aug 31, 2019
I know this is an old thread but yes I customized the q300l buy increasing each hole size on the top front and bottom (make sure you dont do the holes where your fan screws go!) from 5mm to 8-9mm worked a treat temps dropped significantly :)
May i ask how you managed to do that? Cause iam playing with the idea to do it myself too!

trio1989

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
i just got a 7mm drill bit and drilled each hole on the top the front and bottom making them larger just make sure you dont drill the holes where your fans/radiator screw in and you will be fine...if you dont want to do it yourself and live in the uk my friend sent his case off to gorilla gaming uk and they did this case mod for him the airflow is now significantly improved and my temps went down alot!

for my cooling i use a h100i pro rgb platinum on the front with 2 corsair ll120 series fans another ll120 at the bottom all on intake and then 2 ll120s at the top and 1 at the back all on exhaust with the 8mm hole mod it now runs like a dream

Last edited: