[SOLVED] Have asus a8n sli delux, added xfx radeon rx570 and not working

Mar 30, 2020
Specs:

Asus a8n sli deluxe
Amd 3.2 hz processor
2gb ram
Psu 750w
And xfx radeon rx570 graphic card.

Installed win 7. All win updates installed. All drivers installed and last drivers trying to install graphic card. Install goes through well and then ask to reboot. After restart when it comes to Windows logo it freezes and does nothing. Any kind ideas about it?

Solution
Wow I thought I had held on to my 3570k a long time, I had an athlon 64 back in the day. I can't really remember but didn't they use AGP slot for graphics cards back then? Perhaps the rx570 isn't compatible?

@Flayed - I would think the "SLI" in the name of the motherboard would kind of give that away.

That said, it might be that your motherboard just doesn't support such a newer graphics card. I checked the specs of the graphics card and did NOT see anything in the requirements related to UEFI BIOS.

Not sure how trustworthy this site is, but according to it, the card is compatible with motherboard's comparable to yours (yours is not specifically listed).

The only thing I can think of at the moment is that since...
update the BIOS to the latest version, but the GPU might not be compatible to the motherboard. Or the motherboard can´t power the GPU well enough anymore.

Which PSU brand and model is it?

edit:

Did you connect the 4 pin Molex (EZ-PLUG) and the 4 pin ATX12V power connector to the motherboard as well?

Did you connect the GPU to the upper PCIe port?

reset the BIOS by jumper, eventually you will have to reorder the boot priority in BIOS after this

Last edited:

Wolfshadw

Titan
Using a 6-pin to 8-pin adapter does not provide the necessary power for the GPU, but it should still boot up, I would think.
Where did you download the graphic card drivers from?
Please verify that you are running a 64-Bit Windows 7.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Wow I thought I had held on to my 3570k a long time, I had an athlon 64 back in the day. I can't really remember but didn't they use AGP slot for graphics cards back then? Perhaps the rx570 isn't compatible?

@Flayed - I would think the "SLI" in the name of the motherboard would kind of give that away.

That said, it might be that your motherboard just doesn't support such a newer graphics card. I checked the specs of the graphics card and did NOT see anything in the requirements related to UEFI BIOS.

Not sure how trustworthy this site is, but according to it, the card is compatible with motherboard's comparable to yours (yours is not specifically listed).

The only thing I can think of at the moment is that since your motherboard doesn't officially support Windows 7, there's a conflict between it and the Windows 7 drivers you're attempting to install.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Solution