[SOLVED] Have been getting BSOD since the day I have built my PC

mrtylnzzz

Prominent
Mar 3, 2021
Well as the title explains, I have been getting same BSOD since the day I have built my PC. At first I thought MSI's Dragon Center has caused the issue but well I have formatted and reset CMOS for couple of times now and I keep getting BSOD with no luck. Most of the times dmp files are not created on BSOD and on restart after blue screen boot device can't be found until I turn my pc off via power button.
I have been getting VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL(WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR) mostly. What should I do?
DMP files can be found at;
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnEldknihtawhCkzNviP32aXj1pC?e=hIV5vn
Spec: System Builder - Ryzen 9 3900XT 3.8 GHz 12-Core, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB GAMING X TRIO, Cosmos C700M ATX Full Tower - PCPartPicker

I should also note that I do experience BSOD sometimes couple of times within a day and I don't see it for couple of days which makes the issue more complicated..

Solution
AWOL Adata NVME.
Perhaps the fault with the nvme is a physical one that the smart tests can't see, Did you try powering off PC and let it sit unplugged for a while and then try? since the power button was needed before.

When the drive that is supposed to record the dump files is the actual problem you get things like this.
You can't tell. Unlike HDD, ssd don't give any warning signs, no clicking noises. they just stop.

I think you need a new SSD, another mod here says that have a bad reputation. I would get one made by Samsung or Intel.

Colif

Win 11 Master
VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL(WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR)
given ryzen don't have video, and your only gpu is a 2080TI, its going to be either the GPU drivers or the card
WHEA - Windows hardware error architecture

I will ask a friend to convert dumps but I don't often get a lot from whea dumps.

don't suppose you have another gpu you can try?

normal fix for gpu related errors is try to get different drivers and see if it helps - https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/
latest bios on motherboard? that can help them as well.

and on restart after blue screen boot device can't be found until I turn my pc off via power button.
that is odd. shouldn't happen just after a BSOD.
try running this on nvme and check its health - https://www.adata.com/us/ss/software-6/

Reactions: mrtylnzzz

mrtylnzzz

Prominent
Mar 3, 2021
don't suppose you have another gpu you can try?
Nope I dont have another gpu to try on.

normal fix for gpu related errors is try to get different drivers and see if it helps - https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/
I have actually done this, tried multiple different nvidia driver versions with and without geforce experience after a clean windows install but did still get blue screen.

latest bios on motherboard? that can help them as well.
My bios wasn't up to date, I have updated(VH.B0(10/30/2020) to VH.C0(01/25/2021)) it right now. Hope it helps.

try running this on nvme and check its health - https://www.adata.com/us/ss/software-6/
I have installed and checked both my drives health and it said "GOOD" on both.

Really appreciate your help, thank you

Colif

Win 11 Master
I fix BSOD posts here and that isn't a normal error I see. So it could mean its the GPU itself. Can't be certain until my friend wakes up in a few hours.

Have you tried running an Ubuntu live usb to see if Linux has any concerns with GPU. Its just a test really, see if two OS have problems it probably shows cause isn't windows,

Colif

Win 11 Master
This can happen in different versions of Windows, especially newer releases. The error results from the incompatibility of the graphics driver with Windows. It usually appears when Windows applies a graphics upgrade automatically and the latest driver malfunctions. This problem is relatively rare and usually, a fix is released soon.
source - don't download anything, just showing where I found it

So fixes include the drivers you already tried, both old and new.
running this:
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

Ubuntu... tbh, I never used it, a lot of the times I give it to people the problem shows up when they just try to run it.
here are some benchmarks - https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/linux-gpu-benchmark/

mrtylnzzz

Prominent
Mar 3, 2021
Ran both of them and they seem to have not found anything.
K62WjLI.png
U6objjW.png

I am downloading Ubuntu iso atm. I will run benchmarks you have linked.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/6jy2c0m4/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:010821-8875-01.dmp (Jan 8 2021 - 07:34:59)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: msedge.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 55 Min(s), and 14 Sec(s)

File information:122920-9781-01.dmp (Dec 28 2020 - 16:56:48)
Bugcheck:VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL (10E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: dwm.exe)
Uptime:3 Day(s), 15 Hour(s), 47 Min(s), and 22 Sec(s)
Comment: The overclocking driver "NTIOLib_X64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner or other MSI software)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/X570-A-PRO

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
while its possible its still the same cause, those 2 BSOD are from 2 months ago, have you got anymore recently?

Or does it just crash a lot of the time without a bsod?

dwm.exe = windows desktop manager
ffffe7087fedf090 fffff8036a597f45 : 0000000000000000 ffff83880ce719d0 ffff9502de05c000 0000000000000001 : watchdog!WdLogEvent5_WdCriticalError+0xe0
ffffe7087fedf0d0 fffff8036a50253a : ffff83880ce718d0 0000000000000000 ffff838801dcb9b0 0000000000000001 : dxgmms2!VIDMM_PROCESS_ADAPTER_INFO::~VIDMM_PROCESS_ADAPTER_INFO+0x27879
dxgmms2.sys = DIrectX

that BSOD is bottom one, we already know it was caused by GPU - its also from December last year.

mrtylnzzz

Prominent
Mar 3, 2021
Most of the times I dont get dumps created after a blue screen. Those were the only times and latest I have. I had bsod just 2 days ago and it didnt create any dumps neither. I have WhoCrashed installed by someone from some other forum just so I can analyze dumps. It has Crash Dump Test and I can actually see windows creating dumps with no issue, so it shouldn't be windows setting. I have no idea why dumps are not created in this case.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Most of the times dmp files are not created on BSOD and on restart after blue screen boot device can't be found until I turn my pc off via power button.
i forgot that part, we need to fix that part before we have any hope of working out crashes. I suspect its related.

Does it matter what you are doing to cause them? do they happen in games or anytime? idle or busy?
I wrote down specs as easier to track them

Ryzen 3900XT
MSI 570 A Pro
32gb G Skill Trident
Adata XPG 2tb NVME
Seagate 2tb hdd
RTX 2080TI
Corsair RM 850

I doubt cooler or case are involved.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try running this on both drives just to get a 2nd opinion on the tests

it should look something like the one on the left in image below (just showing as crystaldisk info and mark are on same website).
DxbMnRm.jpg

mrtylnzzz

Prominent
Mar 3, 2021
Does it matter what you are doing to cause them? do they happen in games or anytime? idle or busy?
It is really random. I had it while pc is completely idle, while on web going through youtube videos or twitch or some forums, and also while playing games.

Disk Info & Mark together incase both are needed;

8IukB8Q.png

ZCsXtLZ.png

Colif

Win 11 Master
According to dumps in January - I think you are on Bios number 7C37vH7 as its dated 9th Jan 2020 according to your bios, and it was released in January on MSI website. can you look in System Information screen on the BIOS Version/Date line and confirm that?

If your bios dated 9th Jan it was released before your CPU was... which isn't ideal as most BIOS had changes to account for the XT range.

I would watch this
and update bios to latest version

updating chipset drivers before updating bios is a good idea too - https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570

mrtylnzzz

Prominent
Mar 3, 2021
I actually did reset CMOS couple of times after that not sure if it resets bios version too but yea. I have updated bios earlier today when you've mentioned along with chipset drivers. It's 7C37vHC atm.

mrtylnzzz

Prominent
Mar 3, 2021
Sure as I have mentioned earlier sometimes it takes couple of days before I get another blue screen. I will make sure to inform and share dumps if I have. Thank you so much!

mrtylnzzz

Prominent
Mar 3, 2021
So I have installed MSI Dragon Center yesterday and I've gotten 2 more blue screens just after that. I suspect issue is with Dragon Center but not really sure. I didn't have dumps once again. I've gotten same WHEA error and after blue screen I have faced below screens.

O3U5huJ.jpg

m2 which my OS is installed on is not listed here, motherboard issue?
nOgDkKO.jpg

Colif

Win 11 Master
AWOL Adata NVME.
Perhaps the fault with the nvme is a physical one that the smart tests can't see, Did you try powering off PC and let it sit unplugged for a while and then try? since the power button was needed before.

When the drive that is supposed to record the dump files is the actual problem you get things like this.
You can't tell. Unlike HDD, ssd don't give any warning signs, no clicking noises. they just stop.

I think you need a new SSD, another mod here says that have a bad reputation. I would get one made by Samsung or Intel.

Solution

mrtylnzzz

Prominent
Mar 3, 2021
Yea I did power off my PC and started again and it worked like nothing happened. We've suspected GPU might be the issue but can it be SSD only? I wanted to get another SSD and replace my HDD anyway and I was going to go for samsung. So I might as well try it, just not sure if it is gonna solve my issue completely.