Have I been hacked - into my bank account and police database?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 19, 2020
Dear community,

I am extremely concerned,

I strongly believe that one of my neighbours works for an organisation that has access to the police national database, and also allows him to gain access to my bank account - unauthorised and illegally.

Does anyone know if/how this can be? I strongly believe that my neighbour has 'set up' this method of accessing my account and police database for his friend (who is also one of my neighbours) to snoop at my records and police reports that I have made, as well as look at my bank account.

I have already informed the police, and they made a check - only to see if he was an employee in the UK police force, ie a police officer. I was then told that after their check to see if he was an employed officer, that they could not find any record of him.
I have found that a number of other organisations can access the police database and potentially snoop on people of interest without authority to do so.

Please could someone tell me this is even possible as I need to let the authorities know without sounding like a lunatic, and actually inform them so they can be 'looked into'.

My personal information and privacy is being violated on a daily basis, and this is all because I reported them previously for antisocial behaviour to our landlord.
We have no sound insulation installed in this building, and there is only a thin piece of plasterboard that is separating our rooms, so sound leakage is immense. I have heard them read out my full name, details about reports I have made to the police, as well as my bank details, ie transactions, in payments etc.

Thank you for any replies

Jul 19, 2020
1) Plasterboard (from a scientific perspective) does allow for significant sound leakage

2) I have heard them say aloud my full name (never disclosed to them previously) as well as transactions I have made

3) They are acting on malicious intent, as I reported them for allowing antisocial residents to inhabit their accommodation whilst they are away, and this could have lead to them losing their tenancy

4) I witnessed this (ie this includes hearing)

5) living in a non sound insulated building for a number of years means I have heard many conversations, none about my bank account or police record and police reports until recently, as I have been receving death threats from neighbours and have actual recorded evidence of this (there are now a string of neighbours who are angry at me for reporting them for behaving antisocially - this one included)

6) https://hub.unlock.org.uk/knowledgebase/organisations-access-police-national-computer-pnc/

7) https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...-illicitly-access-police-computers-including/

8) I wanted to know if anyone was aware of a 'remote access' software or system that can allow them to do this, a technical question I know - but requires expert answer, not one along the lines of 'you are paranoid' because there is also the possibility that I am hearing correctly too

These days nothing is private.
In th US I can get may neighbors full name by looking up property tax records. With that name and address and my Dunn and Bradstreet account I get: Court records, Credit reports, state, county and local records search., etc.....
Can be done from home in less than 10 minutes.

Just saying, you will need technology to catch and prove your claims, or hire profesionals.

You are probably going to want to move soon "(there are now a string of neighbours who are angry at me for reporting them for behaving antisocially - this one included) "

Causing issues for people around you is a good way to get them actively doing things to bother you, even if they were not acting very nicely and you had cause to report them.

First off change any of your bank and other passwords, you can have your computer checked by a computer shop for any virus or remote access software. You can ask the bank if anyone aside from you asked for access to your account.

I have no idea why someone would just be reading out loud your bank transactions like a novel to someone else, does not seem very plausible there or why they would want to get that information vs just transferring money out of your account. Not many voyeur thieves around that hack into accounts to read the transactions at their breakfast nooks, they usually try to actually steal or disrupt something. I mean would you call over your friends and start reading out loud information you got from someone next door to you or would you just read it to yourself or talk about it in some other room?

Reactions: MMorris666
Status
Not open for further replies.