Have i been hacked

Necrofyl

Honorable
Aug 18, 2016
Hello everybody i need quick help with this 1.My laptop has been acting strange lately.my father has been awarded as a "war hero" 16 years ago but now the other country wants to judge him etc. etc. long story short its really complicated.About a week ago my laptop started turning ON on its OWN at night when they completely plug cable off and shut it down (laptop can work with battery as power safe mode for around 5 hours).I noticed my laptop camera has been turned on at that exact same time aswell as microfon beign used (windows 10 showing it on start bar thats its beign used but when i mouseover it doesnt show any app just blank space there)
Any helpa nd suggiestion is really helpful and appreciated.
Kind Regards!!

Windows 10 will wake your computer to download updates then turn off.
If it was a major upgrade, then everything was updated and default settings assigned. You will have to re-disable things.
As for me I tape over camera and microphone when not in use.

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model laptop?

Does the laptop use wired or wireless network connectivity?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer.

There may be some error codes, warnings, or even informational events that are logged at times corresponding to/with the laptop's behavior.

Necrofyl

Honorable
Aug 18, 2016
Windows 10 will wake your computer to download updates then turn off.
If it was a major upgrade, then everything was updated and default settings assigned. You will have to re-disable things.
As for me I tape over camera and microphone when not in use.
Nothing like that was happening but when court things against my father started heating up thats when all of this suddently started happening aswell as Camera and mic beign enabled for no reason whatsoever.

Necrofyl

Honorable
Aug 18, 2016
Make and model laptop?

Does the laptop use wired or wireless network connectivity?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer.

There may be some error codes, warnings, or even informational events that are logged at times corresponding to/with the laptop's behavior.
Its Sony Vaio bought it brand new long time ago but still works like charm coz only thing used on it is facebook+youtube thats about it.I was thinking something was going on with internet so i tried running it on wifi aswell as using cable same story.

Ralston18

Titan
Only one network adapter (either wired or wireless) should be enabled on the Sony. Not both at the same time.

My thought is that you should disable the Sony's wireless adapter and then connect wired (Sony --- Ethernet cable -----> router) and determine if the problems continue.