Question Have I been hacked?

coonsky

Prominent
Dec 23, 2020
Hello all. I was playing cs go and something weird happend. My sound was suddenly gone. I thought maybe it is a game bug so I alt tab the game to check if I will have sound on youtube. Then my mouse started walking slowly to the center of the screen (It was clicking randomly on the screen). I was scared and like idiot I caught my mouse and try to move it than just wait to see what will happend. I was fighting with my pointer for abut 10 second. Then I alt tabed to cs go again. I didn't have any problems in game with my mouse. I could shoot and play (without sound). But when I alt tabed to the desktop again pointer was still moving. I alt tabed a couple of times and the sound came back and there wasn't any problems with mouse anymore. I have played thousands matches in cs go and I have never notice something similar to it. Have I been attacked by hacker or it was only some of weird game bug? It isn't mouse problem and i sccaned my computer 10 times with Windows Defender. No malware but I am still scared. Sorry for my english ;v.

Did you perhaps download anything from CS;Go servers that were called 'game patch' etc., but, instead perhaps could have been almost anything, including remote access tools?

If you have a restore point from a few days to a week ago, you might be able to roll back to before this download/potential incursion.

Of course, one sure way is to 'take off, and nuke the site from orbit; it's the only way to be sure!' Corporal Hicks, Colonial Marines

coonsky

Prominent
Dec 23, 2020
Nope I didn't. I was playing only official matches. Every patch was through steam so there is no chance that Steam admin decided to hack my PC. I turned off remote access on my PC in settings. Will it be enough?