Have I got my settings wrong?

I'm an occasional dabbler in flight sim and enjoyed FS2002 so much I
upgraded to FS2004(century of flight) and bought a better joystick.
I have found the cockpit mode quite useful, but on one of the panels, all of
the instruments are blurred and I can't read them properly.
In FS2002 they're perfectly clear in that mode.
Have I got my settings wrong or something, or is FS2004 an alternative and
not an upgrade?
Forgive me if it's a basic question, but like I say, I only occasionally use
the game and have not yet turned completely fanatic for it, but I'm getting
there!

dallas

"Steve O"
> I have found the cockpit mode quite useful, but on one of the panels, all
of
> the instruments are blurred and I can't read them properly.

If by this you mean the virtual cockpit, I have noticed that some panels
from 2002 become very weird in 2004. I had to install the 2004 versions of
the aircraft to fix them.

Dallas

Arthur

I've found by using the + key and moving a bit closer to the panel using
virutal cockpit mode, the instruments and switches become much clearer.
It's sort of like the program is nearsighted. However, when using the 2D
cockpit mode, the panel is less realistic but quite clear. I often switch
to the 2D cockpit when I have real business to do like taking off and
landing because the virtual cockpit can be a pain in some cases.

Arthur

"Lawn Dart" <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote in message

Danny

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Click on the Options menu, then Settings, then Display, then Aircraft. You
should see a slider to improve gauge quality.
Danny

"Steve O" <stoboyle@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm an occasional dabbler in flight sim and enjoyed FS2002 so much I
> upgraded to FS2004(century of flight) and bought a better joystick.
> I have found the cockpit mode quite useful, but on one of the panels, all
of
> the instruments are blurred and I can't read them properly.
> In FS2002 they're perfectly clear in that mode.
> Have I got my settings wrong or something, or is FS2004 an alternative and
> not an upgrade?
> Forgive me if it's a basic question, but like I say, I only occasionally
use
> the game and have not yet turned completely fanatic for it, but I'm
getting
> there!

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Steve O

When I first got FS2004 I found the VC display to be useless. I think it
was basically down to the description
anomaly which MS use for their hardware display settings.

I work on with Autocad and when rendering scenes etc and adjusting textures
we would adjust the texture size to smaller
to get a better look and larger or max would generate a more 'pixally'
render. It was only when playing with the settings in FS
that I realised that under the 'Global Texture Size' this should be set to
max (doesn't make sense to me) but it made guages etc
appear very clear.

Chris