Have i made the right choice?! I have 2days to take it back

danryder

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
So i was shopping for a hdtv or monitor for my 2 consoles, Not for any pc gaming. Soley console gaming.

Was after 24inch.

I saw a benq in maplins and i didnt like the washed out colors.

I was in PC world and i saw this for £120

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/pc-peripherals/monitors/digital-tv-monitor/LT24D390EW/XU

5MS response time which im fine with.

only issue is i cannot find any info on input lag at all.

I called samsung multiple times and they keep telling me its 0.007 of a minute ( im crap at maths and have no idea what that means)

The picture quality is beautiful and when im holding my control pad next to the screen and pressing buttons there doesnt seem to be any input lag at all. But i dont have a trained eye.

So, did i make a good decision here?

Pr3di

Honorable
0.007 I think it was supposed to be of a second, meaning 7 MiliSeconds.(MS).

The specifications say it`s 5ms, so that`s very decent for a TV.

Just test it out, and if you don`t feel any lag while playing, and you`re happy with the TV overall, just keep it.

danryder

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
I can't see it being 7MS. Even the sony tvs that are known for low input lag are not that low.

I mean if its below 30 il be happy i guess, but finding out what it is, is damn near impossible.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
there are 2 ways to go about this"

1. you can nit pick the numbers and compare them to others until your dizzy and confused. there will always be a better one out there and no matter what you spend you'll never have "the best" since that changes a lot.

2. you can use this one for a while and if it looks good and is not buggy then it's the right one for you. holding the controller up to the tv and such as you described tells me you notice nothing when sitting back and playing your games. that's all you can ask for in my opinion. happy is a state of mind and not a statistics equation full of benchmarks and numbers.

i read a lot of car magazines and love to read all the high performance numbers but in the end does 0-60 in 3.2 sec vs 3.1 sec mean a whole lot to me? they're both pretty awesome and i'd be proud to say i have either one and ppppppffffffffftttttt to the guy with the 3.05 sec car who thinks he better than me for my 3.1 sec car.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i fully understand, i set a minimum standard in my mind when shopping and REFUSE to dip below it. but when i meet it i'm happy and don't second guess myself. i take a lot of time researching what i need and God himself can't convince me otherwise once my mind is made up :)

i believe the 5ms in the stats and 7 ms quoted by maker is below the 30 ms you seek. unless there is multiple stats measured in ms (and i'm not the right one to ask) then i think your good.

i just bought an 23" lg 1080p monitor for 119 on sale with a 5 ms response time and it's more than enough for my uses. looks pretty dang good compared to the dell 1st gen lcd i was using.

Pr3di

Honorable
I was not able to find anything online about the input lag.
Your best bet is to play some games using your consoles, and see if you notice any input lag.
If you do, return it. If you don`t, keep it and have fun with it!