Jan 24, 2022
Hi guys!

I have recently updated my MB (Gigabyte z490 pro ax) with the latest version (f21).

It installed completely fine, however i cannot boot up. I reach a PC repair screen that doesnt load and it opens up a blue error screen (DRIVER VERIFIER DMA VIOLATION error) then it resets itself. A continous loop unless i enter the BIOS manually.

i have looked at reverting back to an older version however this version of BIOS prevents reverting back.

there is also a short singular high pitched beep on start up.

Jan 24, 2022
i used Q-flash.
yes also the windows repair screen, however it never loads the proper windows reapir and jumps straight to blue error screen.

ive tried getting into advanced repair but was unsuccessful each time.

I just read, they stopped bios rollback on F21 due to the security updates. You could try resetting the bios, I've had luck with this approach in the past. Otherwise you can try getting into safe mode and scanning the drive. Or create a bootable USB with the Windows Media Creation Tool and try to repair your Windows install with that.

Jan 24, 2022
cheers my guy!

i have reset my Bios and Cmos and had no such luck. havnt had much luck getting into safe mode either.

i have just finished the windows install download then :)
hoping that will do the job, if not maybe it will allow to get further than the error page :)

Jan 24, 2022
unfortunalty i do not have a spare SSD, but i dont have anything of value on the currently installed one. ive only got my OS on it everything else is split in other HDDs.