have over 8.000 errors and alerts on my admin. events vss access denied

kytaz 1054

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012
how do I fix this. I have been told this could freeze up my pc. so far it's running fine.They tried to get 2-3 hundred dollars out of me to fix ?

Max Collodi

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
It is common for the Administrative Events console to have thousands of error listings. Windows encounters lots of minor issues that it deals with automatically. It logs these minor issues to help administrators pinpoint the errors that may be responsible for major issues. Unless you are having problems, these events can be ignored.

VSS is the Volume Snapshot Service, also known as the Volume Shadow Copy Service. The service is related to System Restore and Windows backup. It takes a "snapshot" of your system files at at a certain state to be used at a later date if necessary. Unless Windows Backup or System Restore is not working properly, I wouldn't worry about it.

Under no circumstances should you pay anyone to fix this, especially if your computer is working. It is quite likely that their "fix" will amount to merely deleting the event logs and telling you that it has been "fixed."