have questions about running multiple q10's from Aarvark o..

Status
Not open for further replies.

scooter

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2001

1. Is there a way that I can see all of my inputs on the screen at
once, not have to toggle between them and still have full control of
the mixing?

2. If I need to use all of the 10 inputs on one of the q10's
(including the 2 dig. ones) for a drum mix, can I have a Roland A/D
converter do that for me?

3. How do I monitor the sound from all of the cards at once... during
recording and playback?

I have repeatedly tried to get Aardvark to respond, but have had no
luck... I like their product, but their support is horrible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

scooter wrote:
>1. Is there a way that I can see all of my inputs on the screen at
>once, not have to toggle between them and still have full control of
>the mixing?

Not that I know of - the Aardvark app needs to go to different pages for
different cards.

>2. If I need to use all of the 10 inputs on one of the q10's
>(including the 2 dig. ones) for a drum mix, can I have a Roland A/D
>converter do that for me?

I don't know for sure - I was using 2 24/96 units -- but I suspect that when
you use the digital inputs you give up some of the analog inputs. Check the
manual.

>3. How do I monitor the sound from all of the cards at once... during
>recording and playback?

ahhhh, there's the rub. I was using two 24/96 cards and there's no way to
daisy chain them without giving up some flexibility. In other words, you could
run two outputs of one Q10 into inputs on the other Q10, but you lose inputs on
the 2nd Q10. Also, on the 24/96 you needed to use one set of dig in/outs to
pass wordclock between cards to keep them synchronized -- I would expect the
Q10 to be similar. What I ended up doing was getting a Samson C-Control to
combine the inputs and give me some additional signal routing flexibility.

>I have repeatedly tried to get Aardvark to respond, but have had no
>luck... I like their product, but their support is horrible.

I have seen a number of messages on message boards - people are saying that
Aardvark may be out of business at this time.

-lee-

I have two Q10s on a single PC. I cannot seem to reach the second one.
One Card 1 shows up in the control panel as active.

Aardvark must be out of business. Who has a copy of the latest drivers.