Have shortcuts on your phone for your pc? Everyone needs this

woodbrain.tama

Prominent
Oct 25, 2017
I want to reuse a smartphone that doesn't read sim cards anymore. I want to make it so I can use it to control my computer(NOT like a mouse&keyboard, I don't care about that)

for example:
controlling volume, brightenss,or make it so I can press a button and it opens a specific folder ... stuff like that. Is there any way to do this?
or even make it so when I press a button on my phone it activates cltrl+t+q or something..which I would bind to "mute" in OBS ...or add shortcuts to my video editing software..stuff like that.
I feel like the things you could do with these kind of shortcuts would be endless and very useful. Does anybody know how to do this?

There must be a way I'm not aware of. It seems so Removed useful..so please guys,let me know if you know any way to do this.

Solution
I found a good solution to this. Roccat's software called "power-grid" . You can do a lot of the stuff I mentioned there and even more. You guys should check it out. However,if you find any other solutions,please let me know,I don't feel like this is the ideal setting,but it's good enough for now.

jr9

Estimable
I do not believe this is possible as Windows and the iPhone are two completely different and independent computers. Windows won't allow itself to be remotely controlled like that unless you are using remote desktop or remote assistance. The only way Windows connects to an iPhone is by hosting the iPhone as a USB device (plugged into the PC) or with Bluetooth, which also would not enable you to control the PC.

The closest thing I can think of to what you want to try to do is using Microsoft Remote Desktop app for iPhone.

USAFRet

Titan
From a couple years ago:
Use your PC from the couch – or anywhere – with these smartphone apps
https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/5-ways-to-control-your-pc-from-a-smartphone/

How to Use Your Smartphone as a Mouse, Keyboard, and Remote Control for Your PC
https://www.howtogeek.com/240794/how-to-use-your-smartphone-as-a-mouse-keyboard-and-remote-control-for-your-pc/

(I have no idea how well that stuff actually works...just what I found)

woodbrain.tama

Prominent
Oct 25, 2017
I found a good solution to this. Roccat's software called "power-grid" . You can do a lot of the stuff I mentioned there and even more. You guys should check it out. However,if you find any other solutions,please let me know,I don't feel like this is the ideal setting,but it's good enough for now.

Solution