Have the impossible happend?... SanDisk chipset changed to my keyboard

Alanthor

Reputable
Mar 17, 2014
Hi,

I have problems with my USB flash drive, and im troubleshooting like hell. I noticed this in ChipGenius.

Device Name: +[E:]+USB Composite Device(SanDisk Cruzer Glide USB Device)

PnP Device ID: VID = 0D8C PID = 000C
Serial Number: 6&&234B45E1&&0&&2
Revision: 2.01

Device Type: Standard USB device - USB2.0 High-Speed

Chip Vendor: C-media(??)
Chip Part-Number: CM108

Product Vendor: SanDisk
Product Model: Cruzer Glide

Do the flash drive thinks it has a CM108 chipset??? CM108 is a USB audio chipset, belonging my IP-TALKY keyboard.. I've opened the flash drive, and got a few numbers bla bla.. Some of the letters and numbers was SDC, and I guess that refers to the type of the memory card. Well, could the flash drive gotten all messed up so it logically changed chipset? :p

There are a few very simple ways to see if the drive will work without physical repair like re-connecting the USB connections.

Try it with another computer. If it does not see the drive or does not allow you any access to it (PC sees something connected but does not give you any drive letter or a device in Disk Management to configure), you need to get it fixed or toss it and get another one.
If you can see it in the system but it tells you it needs formatting or is RAW files or something similar, try to repair the partition info using TestDisk and a file recovery program like Recuva.

Alanthor

Reputable
Mar 17, 2014
Well, the thing is, once I get it back to NTFS and how it was before, its completely protected.. Its Write protected and read only, I cant do shit with it once I get it back to my old partition... And I have tryed ALL softwares OS live CD's you name it... Maybe not all, but gparted, parted magic, HP format, HDDLLF, EaseUS, Recuva, CMD etc... And everything in my YUMI multiboot partition.

I can see the drive in BIOS, same name, same capacity... In Parted Magic desktop enviroment, I saw that the MBR boot sector code is TestDisk... I have tryed ALL options and features in the TestDisk etc... I think I just need to bypass the media protection/read only, so I can write a whole new partition table, new mbr code, new everything..

I think its all messed up inside logically. I doubt that the actual hardware is faulty, cuz its like a week old. It happend when I removed the flash drive without safe eject before..