[SOLVED] Have to enter microsoft password every time I log into windows account

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
Hi everyone, I might be stupid -- and I probably am, but I have two accounts on my laptop, the guest account and then my own. Whenever i try to sign into my own account, which is linked to my microsoft account, I have to enter the password and be connected to WiFi. How do I make it so I can log in offline and maybe only have a passcode?
Thanks!

Solution
The password part is normal but needing to be online isn't.

it might help to reset your password

see link in quote
Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

You might face this issue if your computer is not connected to internet. If it does not have the internet connection it will take the old password however, if you have the internet connection check the following steps.
  1. Make sure that you have a secure internet connection to that PC/Laptop may it be wired or WiFi or even Hotspot.
  2. Make sure to connect using the option under your network settings in the bottom left hand corner of your Sign-in screen.
  3. Check if your password is correct and then enter it carefully.
  4. Once...

Colif

Win 11 Master
The password part is normal but needing to be online isn't.

it might help to reset your password

see link in quote
Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

You might face this issue if your computer is not connected to internet. If it does not have the internet connection it will take the old password however, if you have the internet connection check the following steps.
  1. Make sure that you have a secure internet connection to that PC/Laptop may it be wired or WiFi or even Hotspot.
  2. Make sure to connect using the option under your network settings in the bottom left hand corner of your Sign-in screen.
  3. Check if your password is correct and then enter it carefully.
  4. Once you are connected then only can you type in the new password you have changed.
  5. Make sure that your Caps Lock is not On.
If the issue persists, try to reset you password online again here, and use the new password now.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...t/c94eea40-f396-4561-a830-11277e73762b?auth=1

passcode or pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10/c53cb948-fe6e-41bc-94bd-8debab75e634

Solution