Question Have to HOLD in power button to turn on PC after installing new GPU ?

Dec 10, 2021
Anyone know how to fix? After installing my new 4090 I have to hold in the power button, can’t click once as I always did.. video below:
https://youtube.com/shorts/RHtKsjK8w_s?feature=share
BUT I can shut down the pc with 1 click?
EDIT: I have tried resetting CMOS. Tried reseating the PWR button 2 pin and seeing if the cable is intact.. everythings fine on that front.

Happened a couple of times on my Asus and Gigabyte motherboard as well when I install a PCI-E expansion card.

The issue normally goes away when the cards have theirs drivers properly installed and after a fresh stop/start cycle.

I can't speak for a GPU though, but I think it's power setting related.

Dec 10, 2021
Full hardware specs?

What graphics card were you using before the 4090 and do you still have it? Have you tried it to see if you have the same problem with it installed?

Do you have the latest motherboard BIOS version installed?

I have the latest BIOS installed. I just reflashed to see if the problem still persists. I still have to hold the power button.

I was using a GTX 1080 before the issue.

My specs:

Ryzen 7 3700x

RTX 4090

16GB RAM

1000W PSU

1TB NVME SSD

Dec 10, 2021
Happened a couple of times on my Asus and Gigabyte motherboard as well when I install a PCI-E expansion card.

The issue normally goes away when the cards have theirs drivers properly installed and after a fresh stop/start cycle.

I can't speak for a GPU though, but I think it's power setting related.

I used DDU and freshly re-installed drivers. Not sure what else to do.