Have to reinstall graphics card drivers after every reboot.

SixBeef

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
I've seen a few threads where people have had the same problem as me, but no solution.

Every time that I turn my PC on, I have to reinstall the drivers for my graphics card, or else games will run at a lower performance. I have noticed this mainly in BF4, where I have gone from usually having 70fps to around 45fps.

It's more of a nuisance than a real problem, because this can be solved temporarily, but I want a more permanent fix.

My PC specs:
CPU: Intel core i5-3340
GPU: Palit GTX 650
Memory: 16gb DDR3 RAM
Storage: Western Digital 2tb HDD
Motherboard: Gigabyte H61M-DS2 DVI

Extremer7730

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
u can just try to install the graphics driver after u turn ur'e PC on and Uninstall them from the control panel in the programs category then reboot in safe mode and clean the remaining registries with a program called driver sweeper ( google is ur'e friend ) reboot again then install the latest drivers from amd website http://www.amd.com reboot when asked to and just see what happen's please reply what happens with u

SixBeef

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
For anyone having the same problem as me, I have figured out a solution. I never noticed before, but a program called Thunder Master which essentially monitors the GPU and allows you to customize fan speed etc. was running on start up. I had the idea to stop it from running on start up and now I no longer have to reinstall my graphics drivers on start-up.

I'm not 100% sure if Thunder Master is a specific program for the graphics card that I have, but I'm sure that other GPU's have similar programs like Thunder Master.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS