Have to reset new router every time PC has been off

Jun 2, 2018
Hi all,

We recently switched to Now TV Broadband fibre from vodafone broadband. The switchover was easy and wireless is working flawlessly, but I'm having an issue with my ethernet connection to my PC. Every time my PC has been off, I have to reset the router to get the ethernet connection to work. I am greeted by a yellow triangle over the network icon every time I turn the PC back on and the error reads 'ip configuration invalid' when troubleshooter is ran. Once the router is reset via the reset button it eventually connects. Old router with vodafone was working fine.

I have posted this to Now TV forum but I don't think it's manned or busy at all, I have received no replies, so I am crossposting here in hopes that someone has some insight.

I am running Windows 10, the router is the Now TV hub 2.

Things I have tried:
flushing DNS, renew/release IP, netsh commands
uninstalling and reinstalling drivers for network adapter
deleting the old network, manually entering IP config on the ethernet properties
disabling power saving ethernet mode
disallowing system to put router to sleep

Just don't know what else to try. Thanks so much for reading and in advance for any help.

Solution
First, can you check if does happen to other PCs aswell?

Also you could try it in safe-mode with networking enabled. See if the issue still occours there.

If it does happen to other PCs aswell then it may be your router.
Maybe check your router configuration? Is reseting your router an option?

Doxorn

Honorable
Aug 23, 2017
First, can you check if does happen to other PCs aswell?

Also you could try it in safe-mode with networking enabled. See if the issue still occours there.

If it does happen to other PCs aswell then it may be your router.
Maybe check your router configuration? Is reseting your router an option?

Solution
Jun 2, 2018

Thank you for your reply! I swapped out the ethernet cable and did a hard reset and not sure what but something seems to have finally worked thankfully, I was at my wits end!

Thanks again