Have to start explorer.exe manually

itsme777

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017
Hi there,

as stated above, I have to open the task manager and open explorer.exe manually everytime i log in. First when i login, i can only see a black screen+my mouse.

This happened after a power outage yesterday.

I already ran a CHKDSK from safe mode(-> had to manually enable explorer there too) and also disabled/reinstalled my drivers.

What can I try else? Pretty damn annoying :/

Im using Win 7 Home Premium.

Feel free to ask for more information you need to answer this question. Im not sure what information is needed to resolve this issue.

Edit: I just noticed that apparently i dont have an internet connection, indicated by the red x. But i do have a connection. On top of that the software for my ROG GX860 doesnt seem to detect my mouse, after every login.

Might this be a virus?

Sedivy

Estimable
No, likely system corruption due to power outage.
Try getting your win 7 install cd, put it in, restart and boot from it, but instead of install, run the repair instead. That's more thorough then chkdsk. Internet connection...well it's hard to say whether there was any hardware related issues with the network connector or if mobo was affected by the surge and some functions are crapped out or maybe just windows got corrupted and now you need to redownload and install network drivers off of mobo manufacturer's page. I'd say this last was likely but if you've got other issues with windows (like the explorer.exe one) and repair doesn't fix it, then reinstall is in your future.

itsme777

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017
Thanks for your answer. Now to find my Win 7 CD... also I started the computer like 3 hours and played some games, then suddenly i got an error

"This copy of windows is not genuine"

Running Anti-Virus now.. probably gonna reinstall windows anyway.