Have to unplug my computer's chord to get it to boot

joelfotboll2

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016
When I boot my pc the fans will give off a loud noise that goes away after a couple of seconds after that I get to a black screen where the only thing i can see is my mouse and some random white dots (could be artifacts?) on the screen. I cant move my mouse and the screen is frozen. If i try turning my pc off using the button on my case it wont work (even tho the LED's of my case are still working). What is causing this problem? Note tham my psu isnt off highest quality so could that be the problem?

PS. I recently overclocked my gpu but i have it overclocked through amd crimson so that my gpu is only overclocked in some games and not at startup.

Solution
Well if is a low quality one, get rid of it ASAP. Using a low quality PSU, is just asking for trouble. This one is a great unit, for the money.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($55.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $55.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-19 09:38 EST-0500

IGPU is your integrated graphics, if you happen to have a board with it.

joelfotboll2

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016

What is igpu

joelfotboll2

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016

PSU is low quality 400w (can't find the model anywhere)
GPU r7 250 (overclocked in some games by 65 MHz)
CPU fx6300 ( and turbo boost is over locked to 3900 MHz )

logainofhades

Titan
Well if is a low quality one, get rid of it ASAP. Using a low quality PSU, is just asking for trouble. This one is a great unit, for the money.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($55.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $55.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-19 09:38 EST-0500

IGPU is your integrated graphics, if you happen to have a board with it.

Solution

joelfotboll2

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016
yeah thats what i tought. i was actually going to upgrade my gpu soon to a r9 390 and with that upgrade my psu aswell (i was actually going to buy exactly the xfx 750W cause the r9 390 needs alot of power and where i live the watts dosnt increase the prices of the psu that much ). the thing is that i will visit some relatives in the US this summer and everything is so much cheaper there.

i will probably buy the xfx 750W now because its not that expensive here in Sweden and just wait with the gpu to when i go to the US.

thanks for your help