Have you ever bought anything from a Tom's spammer?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Fellow members,

I, like many of you, am not happy with the number of spam entries that are posted on Tom's (our moderators do an EXCELLENT job of removing them). Many of you would love to see those habitual spammers "drawn and quartered" (that is a bad thing).

So, the question is this. Have you ever bought anything from a Tom's spammer?

v/r
COLGeek

Many of you would love to see those habitual spammers "drawn and quartered"

Strip them naked and drag them through the city at the heels of a horse. Hanged, drawn and quartered — strangled by hanging but released while they are still alive, castrated, eviscerated withtheir bowels burnt before them, beheaded, then cut into four parts. Their preserved head (dipped in tar) will be placed on a pike atop the tallest building in the city. Their limbs displayed, separately, in Walmart shopping cart recepticles across town.

Only the one I mentioned.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

I like the way you think, Sir.....Hugs and kisses!

jman_26

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009

Never. I would never buy from a spammer or a spam-bot.

Track them back and have their ISP cancel their access - it's not that difficult.
In reality, ISPs should institute FINES for their customers who SPAM.

When they started doing that back around 2000, after you signed the ISP agreement, you AGREED to "automatic fines" on your credit card if caught spamming - they got more revenue (briefly) and spam dropped off A LOT - because nobody wants to be charged $200 per incident!

Imagine the spammer sent 800 emails, at a fine of $200 each, that starts to add up.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

I agree. SPAMmers need to feel pain, else they just keep on, keepin' on.

I went on a home tour once in Huntsville, AL. Went through a mansion with one of the most impressive views and multimedia rooms in the entire community.

How did the owner make his fortune? Telemarketing (phone SPAM) and mass mailings, he started doing business on the 'Net, but then sold out. Made me want to puke.....

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Seems that would entail a large amount of international travel to locate the offending spamlings..... Could get expensive.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

BTW, have you noticed a decrease in the overt spams lately? How about the little subtle spam-turds that folks are posting with links to where their mom bought an iPad for a miniscule price?

I am still open to capital punishment for spamsticles........

They seem to have keyword spotting software that scans the Net and alerts them to posts on certain subjects so they join the Forum, post their link and are never seen again. If all first posts were screened for links, th eproblem would be greatly diminished. Perhaps Joe could tell us if those IP addresses are then banned for the future.

jman_26

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
What get me is the HACKED EMAIL ACCOUNTS! sorry for 'shouting.' These are where your friend 'jjones@microwhatever.com' happens to have set a very simple password, like "senojj" (jjones backwards) and hackers found out the password, signed in, then they send these stupid "phishing email links."

ISPs are doing NOTHING about it! [AND], if you think about it (and i know you do ;-) , when [your friend] gets hacked, well... he/she has [*** YOUR ***] private info, from that time that you sent him/her that note about your "private surgery" that you had, and you sent him/her your "private cell #" - etc.

So, really, YOU are 'hacked,' when your 'friends' get hacked - and THAT is where I see that we need some "laws with TEETH" on the books, to FORCE ISPs (once they have been notified of a hacked account; and they confirm it) to disable the hacked account, until the ISP can get in touch with the 'real' account owner (your lame buddy who set the 'simple password' on his/her account).

Because, NOW, the hackers have YOUR information - your email address, cell #, and anything else you've sent to your "lame buddy." Maybe stuff you FORGOT that you sent! The hackers have the info of ANY "buddy" who happens to have sent something to your "lame-o ez-password buddy."

Thoughts?

Actually, i find "spammers" know what I am interested in. This is helpful as a time saving device and I am glad to purchase what they peddle.

Just yesterday, I got an advertisement on this site for USB drive fleece coatwear. How cool is that (pun intended). So now my little jump drives stay warm and cosy as the temperature drops.

TRENDING THREADS