Have you had a motherboard repaired and did it last?

Sep 8, 2018
Do motherboard repairs last?Hear me out.I have a z170 gaming 3 board from gigabyte that died on me.Since it's in warranty it got sent to their Polish repair shop ( I'm from Europe) to get fixed.My question is,have any of you had a motherboard repaired and has it lasted you after?Since it's an older platform at this point I don't want to invest in a new z170 board and I'm hoping for it to last me at least one more year (warranty expires in 9 months).I know this is a highly hypothetical question but still I'd love to know your experiences.

Solution
Depending on whats wrong, they might not even send you the exact board back. As noted above, if there was something super wrong I could see them just scraping it and sending you a "new" board. I'd argue that the odds of the repaired board failing are about as good as the new board failing. Possible as you've discovered but not a for sure.

Pentium4User

Honorable
Jun 17, 2016

I really don't know because I usually fix my stuff and they do last long, unless another component usually cheap flux caps (not used anymore) starts leaking, either than that it depends on what kind of repair like if it was a capacitor or a a defective coil or etc. It should last quite awhile if fix with a good quality part, but if it was fixed like example like the nvidia 8000m crisis in 2008 where the whole series was a defect and they would just replace it with the same chip that would fail 1 to 3 months/year later then yeah you can see where it going.
In my opinion I think that board will last, since it can't be like a huge defect, probs a component failed and was just replaced, I wouldn't worry.

4745454b

Titan
Depending on whats wrong, they might not even send you the exact board back. As noted above, if there was something super wrong I could see them just scraping it and sending you a "new" board. I'd argue that the odds of the repaired board failing are about as good as the new board failing. Possible as you've discovered but not a for sure.

Solution
Sep 8, 2018

Well it broke the exact same day I bought a new 4 pin case fan. I installed the fan,the system worked for like 6 hours and it started bootlooping without any post beep.I tested it without ram/gpu so I figured it's either the motherboard or the CPU on my own.Since it was under warranty I gave it to the store I bought it from and they told me it's the motherboard.The annoying thing is that it takes 3 weeks for it to get fixed because it has to go all the way to Poland and back and because I use my PC for semi-professional gaming I'm literally out of a job while it's getting fix.That is why it would be devostating if it breaks again.Anyhow this turned into a bit of a rant ,my point was that either something reguarding the fan shortened it or it was just a coincidence but it wasn't even posting so I'm thinking it's a major problem.