Have you heard of this "DJHARTLEY" hacker group virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 22, 2018
Our network has been compromised multiple times. Some of the information gleaned from a computer forensic person was that this name keeps coming up in some of the data. (I am not a big tech person, apologies) We get a new pc, it works fine, then it goes downhill. We have not installed anything malicious, as far as we know.
The word or phrase DJHARTLEY seems to be a common string within email header info (whatever that is) and some folders, and I have tried googling to see if that is anything like the WANNAcry virus, or ransomeware, or if it is a group. So far, I have had little success in learning more.
I am on limited resources, and cannot afford much as far as hourly rates for forensic services, so I am here, asking if this is common.
Is this a new worm, virus, strain,or something that firewalls aren't catching? If it is common, then what can be done to try and stop it from happening?

Ralston18

Titan
I did a quick google using "DJHARTLEY PIN" - searched "Past year".

Noted some not so savory websites that if "pinned" could result in links to or downloads from sites with viruses or other compromising software.

The culprit may be gaining access via Pinterest or already inside your network and simply spreads.

Good chance that there is some malicious pin present on your network.

What anti-virus or malware applications have you run?

What are the signs, end effects, etc. with respect to being compromised?

Please include more details - perhaps someone will recognize the behaviors being noted and tie those behaviors to some known bad actor.

Status
Not open for further replies.