DDRAIN

Honorable
Jul 7, 2014
Hi,

I'm currently having an issue with my internet connection. Recently its been impossible for me to play any game online from Warzone to Apex. I get none stop lag in all online games, which is weird because just about a week ago none of this was happening, in fact I could play warzone on EU servers even though I'm in Canada with little to no lag.

So I ran a internet speed test to see what was wrong thinking it was just an issue of congestion or something. But to my surprise my download speed was considerably lower than my upload speed which is new to me. I checked on my phone but the upload [download?] is 58 Mbps with an upload of 35. Is there any reason why this would be happening?

PS I have changed my wireless adapter as well but that didn't fix anything. Also this all seemed to start happening after I installed the game Valorant along with it's anti-cheat. I have since uninstalled both.

Solution
Sounds like something on your computer is downloading in the background and writing to the hard drive. It helps to have 2 monitors on your computer, so you can hit CTRL-ALT-DEL and look at the performance tab on windows 10. You can see network usage and hard drive usage while you play.
Sounds like something on your computer is downloading in the background and writing to the hard drive. It helps to have 2 monitors on your computer, so you can hit CTRL-ALT-DEL and look at the performance tab on windows 10. You can see network usage and hard drive usage while you play.

Solution