[SOLVED] Having a bit of an issue with my first built PC

Jul 21, 2021
Hey guys, I thought I almost had a PC build and at a good point to start doing more like the Bios, but for there are issues with it. The motherboard (which is a ROG Strix 550-F (Wifi) Gaming) seems to light up with means everything is plugged in as they should, but the fans don't turn on, and the PC's power button doesn't light up when pressed. Not sure what's even going on, since it appears that all the cords are being used and not a single one is left alone. I had never made a PC from scratch before, but wanted to try my hand at making a PC for the first time and gain some experience with building one, but I have no idea how go about with it when dealing with the problems, even with all the various instructions I read up on! I have these current pieces for the PC:

Cooler Master Mastercase H500 ARGB Tower
Corsair H100i RGB Platinum Liquid PC Cooler
GEFORCE GTX 750Ti GPU Boost 2.0 Graphics Card
Cooler Master Addressable RGB LED Controller
Corsair RM750 ATX Power Supply
ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming (Wi-Fi) Motherboard
Ryzen 3rd Gen AMD Processor (PCIe 4.0 ready)

Here is how the Front Panel Connectors are in the system as of now, just in case they might be a part of the issue:
https://ibb.co/9w8NRkz

Honestly, building a PC would probably a great experience, since then it'll be slightly easier to do in the future if parts had to be swapped or if a new one had to be made from the ground-up if I learned from doing this one. Any kind of help would be appreciated, just hoping to make something epic out of this, or at least something that'll work!

Solution
Looked at it within the manual and it showed the first two pins on the upper most-left side of the Front Panel for the PLED + and -, and has the third and fourth pins set for the PWRSW next to the plugs mentioned before!
That looks to be right

Put the reset switch were the power switch is and see it it starts using the reset switch.

Edit so you have some stuff working. Post a picture or 2 of the rest of the motherboard.
Jul 21, 2021
You're sure you have the power switch on the correct two pins?
Looked at it within the manual and it showed the first two pins on the upper most-left side of the Front Panel for the PLED + and -, and has the third and fourth pins set for the PWRSW next to the plugs mentioned before!

Jul 21, 2021
Maybe the button is broken. Unplug the front panel connectors and tape the power switch pins with the tip of a screwdriver.
So some work was done on the PC. Managed to flip the plugs to the Front Panel (They were facing up before) and flipped them around so they faced down and the fans and the power turns on. However, with the case connected to a monitor and a keyboard, nothing shows up!

Not sure about the keyboard and might have it replaced since it doesn't seem to work, but any suggestions on the other situation? The progress is going good, and feeling great about it so far!

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
That looks to be right

Put the reset switch were the power switch is and see it it starts using the reset switch.

Edit so you have some stuff working. Post a picture or 2 of the rest of the motherboard.

Last edited:
Solution
Jul 21, 2021
That looks to be right

Oh, those plugs were set up right, but apparently I had to have them facing the other direction (they had the words facing away, not towards me before) and after I did, the fans and power came on. Now I'm just trying to see what else I can do to it before I attempt the Bios.

Thanks though, gonna save those dets for future references! Appreciate it!