Having a bit of trouble telling EXACTLY what kind of memory I have

BadContrakt

Reputable
Apr 30, 2014
Ok. I have screenshots so this should be EASY for you pros. This is what I know...

I have Kingston HyperX ram. The case says BLU on it so I assume it's HyperX Blu HOWEVER my computer is showing that I indeed have 8gigs(2x4gig) of memory and when I try to build my rig on PCPartPicker it doesn't even show that they MAKE HyperX Blu in 4 gig sticks @ 1600mhz which is what I THOUGHT I had. I am fearing that I actually have 1333mhz or maybe even lower than that!

When looking at my rig and what's currently in it I am fearing that what's inside my computer is different from what I ordered. I THOUGHT that I had 1600mhz (2x4gig) sticks but according to the name BLU, the fact that PCPartPicker doesn't show that they exist, and what CPU-Z is telling me, I am fearing that what I bought and what is in my rig are two different sticks.

So here they are:

The sticks that I ORDERED and will be soon entering my PC are these: KHX1600C9D which is Kingston HyperX (2x4gig)(@1600mhz)

What is IN MY RIG now I think are Kingston HyperX BLU sticks and the speeds will be up to you to decipher.

Solution
behold the power of google...

http://www.kingston.com/datasheets/KHX1600C9D3_4G.pdf

that's the specs for the single stick the 4GX is for two sticks, In the specs it says that if you run the ram at 1.5v is a cas11 but if you up the volts to 1.65 it will run at cas9.

Your running 2x4gb 1600mhz @cas11 right now since its at 1.5volts. Blu only refers to the color of the heat sink on the ram.

BadContrakt

Reputable
Apr 30, 2014

Google is indeed a good tool. A very large, very specific tool sometimes. So the sticks I have coming in the mail are absolutely perfect to go in with my current sticks. in short?

Thanks for checking this out for me!

TRENDING THREADS