Daniel Corrado

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2014
So I have a one year old (roughly) EVGA 2080 OC GPU. For the past 4 days. Anytime I play a game, both fans will just go max for like 3-5 seconds, then slown down to 1500 rpm or so, then goes max again.

When I checked EVGA presiscion, it showed that when gaming (WoW Classic) I am getting 78C while playing, so soon as my GPU hits that temp the fans will rev up to max, cool it down to 77, then go quiet again. And vise versa will happen.

If I am not gaming (YouTube, Twitch, Netflix) its quiet as hell and no fan issues and temps to go 30-40C

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
So I have a one year old (roughly) EVGA 2080 OC GPU. For the past 4 days. Anytime I play a game, both fans will just go max for like 3-5 seconds, then slown down to 1500 rpm or so, then goes max again.

When I checked EVGA presiscion, it showed that when gaming (WoW Classic) I am getting 78C while playing, so soon as my GPU hits that temp the fans will rev up to max, cool it down to 77, then go quiet again. And vise versa will happen.

If I am not gaming (YouTube, Twitch, Netflix) its quiet as hell and no fan issues and temps to go 30-40C

Do you have overall good airflow inside your case? Perhaps have the EVGA Precision fan control set to 25% always on so it keeps the temps more even to avoid the on/off fan cycling. I have mine set to 50% on so my 1060 stays cool.

Daniel Corrado

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2014
So I only noticed this for the past two weeks. Nothing has changed apart from the usual Windows and Nvidia GPU updates.

But what happens is when on Idle my pc will sit 49c Here is a pic to show you the temps on my GPU when idle (pretty much doing nothing just netflix) Fans are dead silent at this stage.
When I start playing a graphic heavy game (Lets say Borderlands 3) and a bunch of other games like WoW, Rainbow Six Siege, GTA, Battlefield V etc. So pretty much that is intensive on graphics / GPU usage.

When I start playing said whatever game, my temps go to 79c, and as soon as that happens the fans on my GPU go max speed. And once it hits 78C the fan will go silent. And it will continue to do that till I exist the game because it literally sounds like a jet engine in my ear. My case has good airflow and cooling But I don't see 78C that bad while playing games at 1440p and everything maxed out? Can anyone help please

Daniel Corrado

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2014
I have tried setting the fans to 50% and leaving them there, but soon as I start playing a game, the fans will max out soon as it hits 79C and then the fans will slow down to silent at 78c, and it will continue to do that.

I already put in a RMA from where I bought it. But im annoyed if its faulty because my spare GPU is only a Asus Strix 1080 :( I won't be able to enjoy 1440p nor my 144hz g sync monitor as I would like.