Caden517

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2013
So I found 2 laptops that looked pretty good, the Acer Swift 3 14 inch Ryzen 7 4700u 512gb SSD 8gb ram and the Lenovo Ideapad 5 14" Ryzen 7 4700u 256gb SSD 8gb ram. I ended up buying the swift 3, and enjoy it so far, other than the kinda faded colors and brightness. I like that I can play games like FFXIV on it pretty easily. But I mainly need it for school work. Since I bought it on amazon, I have 30 days to return it, so I'm debating trying out the Ideapad because I heard it has a better screen, and on paper they are almost exactly alike other than storage. I also like the 14 inch as well as the price range. I also don't really understand why its so hard to find this exact Ideapad. This and newegg are the only places I could find it. What do you guys think? Should I just stick with the swift 3, check out the ideapad, or try something different entirely? Edit: The main reason i'm asking is because I know that the swift 3 has gotten alot of backlash for its monitor, and I'm not really sure what a laptop monitor at this price range is suppose to look like.

Last edited:

Caden517

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2013
You may find that 512GB SSD more useful to your school needs, and you may want a good desktop monitor for serious work in any case.

Just my 2c.
I already have a desktop that I use for gaming and as my main pc, I just want a laptop for school and to watch video's/ play some low/med setting games, and has a decent amount of storage. I could always carry an external SSD card, but on the go I would rather not have to keep up with it.