[SOLVED] Having a hard time finding the right Power Supply

Jan 30, 2020
I am having no luck in finding a compatible PS for the Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard. The Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard has an additional 4-pin ATX power connector and all of the compatible decent power supplies I check all seem to lack the additional 4 pin connector. I checked all of the decent recommended supplies per the pinned discussion by @Darkbreeze

Solution
You don't need to occupy the 4 pin CPU , it's fine not to , more of an additional power source for overclocking. 8 pin will run the setup just fine. That TX650M is a good choice.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Most any good PSU thats 500w or higher will have the connector you're looking for. Darkbreezes list doesn't really go into specific models. I'km not sure what you're looking at, but a 4 or 8 pin CPU connector is fairly common.

For example the Seasonic Focus 550 will have exactly what you need. As will the Corsair RM550x, the EVGA 550G3, and more.

How about provide the specs of the build and where you are located and we can give you some specific recommendations.

Reactions: Urthorn
Here's a link to PCPartPicker's list of compatible PSU's. They should all be accurate, but double check to make sure when you select one. I added a few recommended search perimeters but feel free to change them around.

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/power-supply/?compatible_with=whMTwP#X=399,129136&R=5&e=6,5,4

The exact PSU I went for! Works perfectly so far, my own mobo also had the extra 4-pin CPU slot.

Jan 30, 2020
I used PC Part Picker with about 7 or 8 PSU's. I just got frustrated because the ones I seem to pick all came back with lack of the additional 4 pin connector. Now that I know what I am looking for 2 x EPS/ATX12V 8-PIN (4+4) (thanks @Dark Lord of Tech.) I only need a 550W PSU, but I am probably looking for a 650W. Which I did put on my list (650W Corsair) Location is in the US, here is the build.

I know the connectors are pretty common, but the compatibility notes message just gives me heartburn and makes me think that I am missing something and second guessing myself.

Jan 30, 2020
That's what I thought, thank you for reaffirming my decision. I know I wasn't losing my mind, this isn't my first build, just my 10th since 1997, still second guessing is something I never did 5 years ago on my last build. I am not an over-clocker anyway.

Thanks again for the help!

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech