Having a hard time

Hello,

I bought the Lite-On CDRW, installed it and tried to burn a data CDR.
The first time, I tried it at 52X, single session, but didn't check
"finalize cd". It completed with no errors, verified the data with no
errors, but when I went into Explorer, clicked on the CDRW drive, no
files / directories showed up. I tried another disc, changed to 24X,
and made sure "finalize cd" was checked, and tryed again. Again, no
errors, no verify errors, and nothing in Explorer. I forget the brand
of discs, but they are a name brand. The first time "smart burn" was
off, and on the second time. I'm using Nero Express 6.0. Both times TAO
was used.

What is wrong? This is my second drive, the old one would fail /
generate errors.

Thanks,

Ralph

Hi,

Yes, Nero ejected the disk after it was finished. I didn't think to
refresh Explorer, because I launched it after burning the CD.

There was a smudge on the CD (saw it after burning/tring to read), so I
put a clean one in, and going to try again now.

Thanks,

Ralph

I got a new disc, completely uninstalled Nero, reinstalled it and tried
again. Same thing - everything went fine - no errors. Clicked on disc
info in Nero, and it said one track, 576 Mb. Went into explorer,
clicked on E, nothing. Hit F5 - still nothing.

Is this a bad drive?

Ralph

Your original post clearly stated that you burned a CDR, but it sounds
as though it is a CD-RW. Please check and let us know.

Irwin

Ralph

Ok. I installed Nero's "In CD" Reader, and can now read the CD I burned! Why
do I need this? I didn't install the "In CD" Writer. I burned the CD using
the Data CD option.

This is the express version of Nero 6. Does this ver. not write standard
CDs?

Thanks,

Oppie

Irwin <ebct@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Your original post clearly stated that you burned a CDR, but it
> sounds as though it is a CD-RW. Please check and let us know.

It shouldnt make any difference on the detail of what he saw.

TRENDING THREADS